Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #31
andrea020611
Registered Users

Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 24th - 30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
Where did you buy your homebirth supplies? I got my kit from Precious Arrow last time we bought from In His Hands. I was super happy with PA customer service and shipping. I have had ours open and organized for 3 weeks. But I have found more items to add to it.

Yeah for your new car that is fun. We bought a new to us 2008 Highlander Nov. 2011 and I still it. To purchase it we had to trade in our Corolla and I do miss that because the gas mileage was awesome.
I'm in Ontario, so I buy my home birth supplies from Shoppers Home Health (that's probably not very helpful!). Our midwife gives us a list, so I just go to Shoppers with the list and they find everything for me.

We traded in our Matrix to buy the Accord, I'm sure I'll miss the gas mileage too, and the ease of parking it in the city, but I'm excited to have a bigger backseat for our (soon to be) 2 rear facers. It will be nice for DH to be able to drive without his knees being jammed against the steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Getting sharp enough contractions I'm timing them, but still nothing consistent. Similar to the evening with DD2, then I went into labor at 2 am....
Good luck! Sounds promising!

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #32
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Gah, after 2 hours of ALMOST consistent enough CTX they backed off. Maybe it'll be like DD2 and I'll go into labor tonight. Lots of mucous discharge.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #33
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Gah, after 2 hours of ALMOST consistent enough CTX they backed off. Maybe it'll be like DD2 and I'll go into labor tonight. Lots of mucous discharge.
Awe darn it!!! Hoping hoping for ya!!

& thx for the personal experience on make believe! Im not ready to completely spill the beans, but im def gonna talk up jesus as much as possible. He's pretty into it, thank goodness.

Took a bath and feel much better. Ive been peeing alot though.....like 5x in one hour-real deal pee, too. Tmi/gross and not normally my thing, but 4x in the bath alone!! I went before i got in and right after i got out! Pee machine right here!!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #34
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
I had some pretty intense contractions for about 1.5 hour today after sex but they didn't last. I tried to get them going better with nipple stimulation and walking/bouncing on ball but they went anyway. Boo!
I am already reconsidering having a check let alone a sweep Tuesday. I am so fickle with this decision~ I just can't make up my mind on whether I want to try and get things going or not. I do feel like my body is ready and I want to take my meds but ...
Boooo. All that and then nada! I feel the same about wanting to help things along (i know, only if my body is ready) but what if it is!!!! Im terrified.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #35
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Sorry, just a vent I guess today.
Crampy can be good! But sorry for the sick LO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
DD slept through the night last night - thank goodness! I slept as well as a congested pregnant lady could, which was pretty good - atleast no 1-2 hrs of laying awake after kiddo woke me up.
Levi slept good last night too! But my hips were absolutely killing me and I slept terribly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Glad the seat arrived early, tgsts always nice!! & i totally get the carseat issue. Ds still cant buckle hinself and he will be in the back if the pilot:/
At least if the older kids are with us they could buckle him in in the back row, but if it was just me, him, and Hiccup, I'd have to climb into the van to get him buckled - it's doable, just not ideal.

Quote:
What are you getting your LO- 3ish for their Easter baskets? I was thinking chalk, a stuffed talking animal, goldfish crackers, and maybe a piece of candy or 2.
We usually do an egg hunt with candy in each egg, but this year I want to do less candy. So I'm thinking of doing a quarter or 2 in each egg, then an outfit or fun t-shirt + a little candy something-or-another in their basket. Simple, but they'd still get something.
I'm really not into the whole easter/holiday thing right now - too focused on getting this room done and being able to get things ready for Hiccup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
We finally bought a new (to us) car. We agonized over vans vs cars/SUVs and ended up with a Honda Accord. It will do us nicely for a few years with 2 kids, and if we have a third we can buy a van and I can use the Accord to commute to work. Problem solved, I hope!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
I was WAY bigger with my first than my second and I'm even smaller this go 'round
I don't feel as big as I was with the others right now... but looking at the photos I am, so

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Feeling crampy, moving slow, and having sharp pains in the cervix area.
Although baby could wait a bit longer - 36 weeks is kinda early still

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
AFM: My oldest DD threw up all over her bed last night, with her sister in it Poor DH, had to clean it up, give them both baths, do the whole mess Then, to top it off, I threw up in the middle of the night, and he had to help clean that up
Oh NO! it doesn't continue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Ive been cramping on and off all morning and my hips are getting more painful. So i came home from church and started cleaning the kids room.
O.o
Oooo - KUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyj931 View Post
Can't believe it! My milk expires the beginning of April and I thought I could have a baby before this goes bad!

Quote:
Getting sharp enough contractions I'm timing them, but still nothing consistent. Similar to the evening with DD2, then I went into labor at 2 am
Quote:
Still could be something for ya!

Quote:
I am already reconsidering having a check let alone a sweep Tuesday. I am so fickle with this decision~ I just can't make up my mind on whether I want to try and get things going or not. I do feel like my body is ready and I want to take my meds but ...
Good luck with deciding. I can see both sides of it for you... though I would likely choose not to have any further checks or anything - the less going in there the better.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, you ladies have been busy again, lol! I keep coming to check and see if we have any more babies. I'm shocked that we only have three so far!

AFM: I'm 37 weeks, 2 days, so full term. Hoping to have baby in April though. My midwife is on her week off starting tomorrow til April 1, and I haven't met with the other midwife yet. I'm supposed to meet her on Thursday. I would really prefer having my own midwife for the birth! I'd history repeats itself, I should be having this baby sometime in the first week of April.

Easter... We have never done Easter baskets. My parents usually do something for all the grand kids, and we try our hardest to make sure our kiddos understand that Easter is about Jesus, not candy.

We had a fun evening at my parents house today. It was so nice to sit back and just enjoy each other. We ordered in Pizza, and before it came, the kids and my Dad played fox and goose in their backyard. My Mom had shovelled out all the trails in the snow... Some places were about four feet high!

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #37
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
Wow, you ladies have been busy again, lol! I keep coming to check and see if we have any more babies. I'm shocked that we only have three so far!

We had a fun evening at my parents house today. It was so nice to sit back and just enjoy each other. We ordered in Pizza, and before it came, the kids and my Dad played fox and goose in their backyard. My Mom had shovelled out all the trails in the snow... Some places were about four feet high!
It's looking to be another chatty week! I'm floored that there's only 3 April babies so far - and we're only a week out from April!

That sounds like a TON of fun!!!!!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #38
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I go overboard for Easter now because she's too young to understand. But come this next year, it'll be paired down quite a bit with focus more on the religious aspect. Of course, one of the books I got this year is the Easter story so if she likes it as much as her Christmas story book, she'll have the whole thing memorized in short order.

As far as the Easter bunny goes... Hmm.. I figured if I never mentioned him, he'd never be an issue. But I do suppose he's everywhere around this season. So maybe I'll just explain him as a token of spring and new growth as represented by eggs. So really two different subjects... There's Easter and then there's Spring. Might work?

Took me over an hour to get the Velcro off a diaper. It's hard to seamrip on Velcro!! I think the sewing will be easy comparatively. my goal is just 1 a day. So 4 more. Until I run out of the refresher packs anyways.

Nothing that indicates labor going on here but I've officially reached the stage where clothes are horrible. Love changing into my jammies in the evening.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #39
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

I keep wanting to clean up - downstairs is a mess, obviously, and I just want to vacuum and sweep and wipe things down.

Levi's seat arrived on Friday - wasn't expecting it until next week, so We got it installed in the van yesterday, pulled out his old one and I've got it taken apart to clean and wash. Then back it'll go for Hiccup
Yay for full term! I know what you mean about wanting to clean everything up, but there's no point when there will just be more dust from the renovation.

Car seat puzzling can be tricky! It was a pain when we went on our field trip to Vegas the other day because I had to figure out how to put my girls' carseats in an Expedition. The back row only has an anchor in the middle seat, and my younger DD's seat only fit in an outboard position in the middle seat. I can see why so many people have car seats installed incorrectly. I was out there for over an hour trying to work it out.

It also took us forever to figure out how to puzzle three car seats in the back of our Jetta. I bought and returned 5 car seats to get it to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I'm really crampy today :-/
DS has been sick since Wednesday night, with some kind of chest cold, and crazy fevers. I've been giving him tylonol and ibuprofen basically around the clock just to keep it down but we might need to go in tomorrow since its just not getting better. I'm tired!
Sorry, just a vent I guess today.
I hope he feels better!!

Quote:
DD slept through the night last night - thank goodness! I slept as well as a congested pregnant lady could, which was pretty good - atleast no 1-2 hrs of laying awake after kiddo woke me up.
Yay for getting some sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
We finally bought a new (to us) car. We agonized over vans vs cars/SUVs and ended up with a Honda Accord. It will do us nicely for a few years with 2 kids, and if we have a third we can buy a van and I can use the Accord to commute to work. Problem solved, I hope!!

We just need to buy the last of our home birth supplies, and then I think we're all set for baby.

I'll be keeping a close watch on the forum this week, sounds like we'll have some more babies!!!
You could totally do a 3 across in an Accord if you have a third!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post

Thinking maybe I should put the Easter baskets together jic I'm not home for it. I love the whole "staging the baskets," DH thinks I'm silly and would probably just dump it all in and sit it on the couch. Hmm.....maybe I should do that today.
I was thinking of getting the Easter baskets together as well, but totally forgot about it. I still need to get some stuff for their baskets as I don't really have much. I made each of my DDs a twirl skirt, and I'll get them a chocolate easter bunny. Other than that, I really don't know.

Quote:

Yeah for your new car that is fun. We bought a new to us 2008 Highlander Nov. 2011 and I still it. To purchase it we had to trade in our Corolla and I do miss that because the gas mileage was awesome.
Our Jetta gets over 50 miles per gallon, so while I really don't like it very much, it's the car we drive most often. It's also why I made a 3 across car seat situation work. If the mileage wasn't so great, I would get rid of it.

Quote:
As far as the Easter bunny goes... Hmm.. I figured if I never mentioned him, he'd never be an issue. But I do suppose he's everywhere around this season. So maybe I'll just explain him as a token of spring and new growth as represented by eggs. So really two different subjects... There's Easter and then there's Spring. Might work?

Nothing that indicates labor going on here but I've officially reached the stage where clothes are horrible. Love changing into my jammies in the evening.
I told my girls the Easter bunny is just a character, and my 5 year old didn't mind. My 2 year old has no idea what I'm talking about.

I agree with the clothes! I go on maternity leave on Friday, so I'll be wearing yoga pants starting then.

AFM: My parents finally decided on the dates they are coming out. They'll be here April 10th-20th. I'm due April 6th or 7th depending on who you talk to, and my other girls came late, so there is the possibility that they may be here for the birth. If they aren't here for the birth, then we still have no idea what to do with our girls while I'm at the hospital...I think they'll just have to tag along as there is no one that we can leave them with.

DH just made some hummus, and we got some really good bread from a local bakery....mmmm, so good!!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #40
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies. I guess everyone is on here more as we get closer to having these babies I worked over the weekend so I read some last night but was too exhausted to respond at all. Meeting with the pediatrician this am to discuss the gbs stuff. And then to the gym for circuit training. Then I told dd we could I to the mall and get her a new dress. I almost never buy her new clothes because I get them all second hand in bulk but it will be something special to pack in her suitcase for when the new baby comes and she is so excited about it! An the cloth diaper store recently moved into the mall so I am gonna get 2 NB covers and a wet bag or 2. I already have 2 NB covers, 6 orange edge gmd fittest and like 30 NB/premie pfs, plus 1 good wet bag. So I think after just those few items I will be set for diapers. Yay!!