Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #11
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 Chat ~ March 24-30

I did call. The advice nurse told me to call my midwife and the midwife told me to go to a primary care provider. Mine moved out of state almost two years ago, so I have to try and find one that will take me while I am pregnant. I am probably going to look for a PCP that also does OB care, that way they aren't scared off by a pregnant woman. When I was pregnant with DS, I got so sick of my PCP telling me to see my midwife and my midwife telling me to see my PCP.

In the meantime, the midwife I talked to (not the one I normally see) suggested I use my rescue inhaler as often as needed and if it doesn't work to go to the emergency room (duh). So far, knock on wood, I haven't needed it again this evening, but it is going to bed with me.

Is anyone else tired of being pregnant already? I used to want a whole brood of kids, and now I am wondering what I was thinking wishing for a third. I know I'll feel differently when symptoms clear off and/or I am holding him, but right now, I am a total mess.

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #12
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amber how scary!! I am not 100% but I think my DD (micro preemie) was on albrutal every 4 hours. I would think if she gets it that fast, you should be good. But that is just a hunch. Look for a family physician they tend to be better with the whole pregnancy thing. Cancer, yeah, you don't want to go to them, but pregnancy, a doctor should be able to deal with!

AFM - I should take a photo of outside right now! BIG fat flakes coming down! I am a bit shocked that we are getting 2 inches today! I am giving myself 1 hour and 40 minutes to go to Philly. Hopefully I will not regret this and get down there in 45 minutes. The idiot factor is always hard to determine!

My DH talked to his parents yesterday. They were playing the whole passive agressive thing that makes me want to slap them both. He asked them when they were planning on coming out after the baby is born. They said they didn't know when the baby was going to be born. REALLY?? They are the only ones in america that don't know when I am giving birth!!! It is ALL over my blog! They also said something about not wanting to be in the way, well trust me they are in the way every time they come out so therefore they shouldn't come out! :P Then they said that they wanted to focus on 4.5 year old DS. I get this to a certain extent and I wouldn't be so mad about this except for when they came out when DS was 3 months old, they all but ignored him. I know that is what they mean and will ignore Nathaniel. I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth but I feel bad for my little guy. DH told them to come out for DS birthday (end of September) so we will see if they come up with some excuse to not come out then.

Anyone else getting nose bleeds all the time? I am getting them DAILY! I also am getting bruise ALL THE TIME! I got changed this morning and looked in our closet mirror and saw this HUGE bruise that I have NO idea how I got. I hope they don't think DH is abusing me if a doctor were to see it. I don't have a blood clotting issues but they have me on low dose aspirin. So I think that has a lot to do with it. That and I normally (without the aspirin) bruise easily. It is a family trait that I happen to get (thankfully it isn't the fainting that is so common in my mom's side though).

Amber to answer your question, I am actually enjoying this pregnancy and I am a bit sad that I have less then half of it left. I hope I can get pregnant again somehow. I like the belly and even the stretch marks (that I am starting to get). I definitely like the b@@bs. I feel all of this I paid a high price for (actual and figurative) so I am trying to enjoy every minute that I have with my little guy when he is easy to transport.

I hope that doesn't make you feel bad, but I have wanted 3 kids (living) since I got married (10 years ago this December) and I am only at 2 despite trying since I got married (minus the 2 year 8 month break for cancer). So I am sure I see things differently.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #13
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

double post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #14
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amber- I'm not tired of being pregnant yet. I'm actually enjoying the fact that I am not having a difficult pregnancy for the first time (so far....fingers crossed that it will continue to be that way). After two really BAD pregnancies, I am enjoying a good one. My sister (who is due in 9 w) has been like you since before she hit the half-way mark. She said that is her clear sign that this is her last one. I tend to agree with her....at least in her situation. She's always enjoyed being preggo, looked forward to the next one, and this time she's just miserable.

Jennifer- I was going to bring up the B@@b thing, but not in a good way. I'm really large up top anyway, so when I'm preggo they are even bigger. This pregnancy, however, they've gotten bigger than they EVER have! I bought some nursing bras a few months ago, but I'm already overflowing the cups on two out of the 3 that I bought. I've never gotten bigger than a size F when peggo, but these jokers are massive. Even DH has noticed they are bigger this time around than they were with my first pregnancy. It honestly feels like I already have engorgement after delivery and I'm only 18 wks!!! Anyone else having this problem? Honestly I'm afraid they're going to explode!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Jennifer - my family is driving me crazy, too. Sad part for me is they live in town. My mil came over yesterday to drop off stuff she thought I needed that was hers (I really didn't) and the looked at the kids rooms asking when am I going to redo the rooms so that I can make a baby nursery. I am not even sure this new baby will have a room. We are planning on moving a year after this baby is born and kicking a chid out of their room so the baby can a a nursery that it won't use the first fews months anyways is just ridiculous to me. Plus, my kids have big age gaps. It goes boy-12, girl - 7, and boy-5. In a 4 bedroom house what would you mamas do?
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Missy, I wouldn't make a nursery for such a short amount of time, especially since it means kicking one of your other kids out of their room. I haven't really minded keeping either of our kids in our room for the first year, there were a few nights I wanted to kick them out but then they would have just been obnoxious and keeping me up from their own room.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #17
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I need to start reading all the responses before I type.

Amber, I am tired of being pregnant already too. Lots going on here lately and being pregnant has just made me tired and sick and emotional and fat without any of the fun stuff, like feeling lots of movement or buying baby things, yet. Hoping it gets more exciting in the next month or two, but either way I'm really looking forward to holding my baby. ♥♥♥
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #18
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

OOh, that's kinda tough Missy! I am always grateful that my first two (two yrs apart) were girls, making it easy to put them together. That's why we are hoping this is another boy for the exact same reason, but if it's a girl, she and ds will share a room for a few yrs, if not longer. I wouldn't bother moving kids around either though, if you are planning on moving. If anything I would do a neutral paint for selling purposes...

Amber- GL finding a Dr!! I am feeling the same way some days about this pg. But I know for sure this is my last! I don't ever want to go through this again. Not that it's been that bad, but at 38, I can tell the difference.

Jennifer- Sorry for the il stuff. Mine can be irritating, but they are good ppl. (otherwise we wouldn't have moved near them) But I won't lie and say that I look forward to 10 more yrs like this. 5 tops! lol Dh and I are just so polar opposite of them. My family is great and we get along, but they are so far away. I've been a loner all my life so it's hard to be a part of a big family group. I hope they get their priorities straight and spend some time with your boys!

On the subject of the girls-- mine have been hurting like crazy for a month or more now. dang! I need to buy some new bras b/c I'm busting out of mine now. I kinda have that engorged feeling too..

Dh is home today. He works every other Sat so he's home every other Monday. I think he's going to do some more work on the bthrm to get it 100% finished. That'll be nice. Our upstairs bthrm still needs a few things done too. I need to make a grocery list, and go to the store. But at least I can go by myself today.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I survived the drive down to Philly and back.

I have been only an A to B cup most of my life. So anything that makes me look like I don't need a training bra is good in my book. I got so mad at them after DS weaned that I actually did put on a sports bra for a while.

Missy - We are telling DS that Nathaniel is going into his room but we are not actually going to put him in there for a year (if then). If you are moving at a year and plan to co-sleep at all, then I wouldn't create a nursery. It is a complete waste if you don't have the space to begin with.

AFM - Doctor went well. Nathaniel's heart rate was 140 something. He was moving when she took the scan. I am measuring 22 weeks. But I am 21 weeks 4 days. I guess I am going to have a big baby. I got in and out of there so quick that I only had to pay $12 instead of $17 for parking. I was so happy I gave the parking attendant a $1 tip!

After that we went to the Buy Buy Baby in South Jersey to look for the diaper bag. I wasn't 100% sold on JuJuBe but everyone said I should get one so I thought I should at least look. Well they had the pattern I liked in the style I liked. While looking at it and asking DS if we should get it, I noticed it was miss marked. It was marked at $119 and it should be $164. I had a 20% off coupon so I was able to get the whole thing with tax for $102. Too good of a deal to pass up!

I guess you can say I am having a good day! Way better then my father. I called him on the way home and he said a cat peed on a keyboard to a laptop computer he had just finished working on. My father HATES cats. Never liked them one bit. Needless to say, he was quite put out!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #20
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh no for the cat pee! I don't really care for cats either...good thing DH and DS are allergic to them.

yay for the good appt!

as far as a nursery. I wouldn't kick a kid out if it's only for a year. We are going to decide bedroom placements once we know what "Hope" is in 2 weeks. My tenative plan is to move DS into DD's room, and DD into DS's room. Then Baby will have their crib in the new DD room. Baby will be sleeping with us for at least the first 3 months. But we'll have the crib option incase I need a night break.

DS is excited to move into DD's room (even though it's smaller by like half!). But he gets a new bunk bed so he's excited. And that room has a larger closet so I'm thinking about putting his dresser in his closet. Which means I need to get him a newer dresser.

But that all wont happen until after we find out what Hope is.

DH wants to move DS down to the playroom on the main floor. I said NO. He's not even 7 and I don't want him on the main floor while the rest of us are upstairs. And I don't want him on the main floor when he's a teenager either
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote