Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #41
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Re: Single mothers by choice

That's awesome! Good luck with your BFP! I'm actually very impressed that you were able to find a willing at home donor after this news story came out last month:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/us...port.html?_r=0

Advertisement

MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #42
margaux55
Registered Users

I don't post here often at all since I never really CD when i thought i would (long boring story lol) but I am a single mom by choice (went from France where I live to France 4.5 years ago for an AI to conceive my DD) ! GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR BFP !!!
margaux55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #43
KLadyBugMama
Registered Users
Formerly: faithfulorangekids
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLump View Post
That's awesome! Good luck with your BFP! I'm actually very impressed that you were able to find a willing at home donor after this news story came out last month:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/us...port.html?_r=0
Yes I read this and that's so sad.. thankfully my donor is willing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaux55 View Post
I don't post here often at all since I never really CD when i thought i would (long boring story lol) but I am a single mom by choice (went from France where I live to France 4.5 years ago for an AI to conceive my DD) ! GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR BFP !!!
That's so awesome!!! Thank you!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #44
KLadyBugMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Waiting to ovulate!! Praying this is the cycle especially the baby will be due 2 days after my birthday, which would be an AWESOME birthday present!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #45
KLadyBugMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Now in two week wait
Old 03-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #46
KLadyBugMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just got the shock of my life!

ForumRunner_20130321_191457.jpg

I'm still in disbelief. I'm due on Nov 29, according to my LMP. It's two days after my birthday so it's a great birthday gift!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #47
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulorangekids

I'm still in disbelief. I'm due on Nov 29, according to my LMP. It's two days after my birthday so it's a great birthday gift!
congrats

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #48
kungfualex
Registered Users

I am not now a single mom by choice, but I may be in the future. I didn't plan to have my son, but now that I do, I don't know how I'd feel about dating/marrying. I feel like I'd have a very hard time trusting anyone to step into a father role for him and at least for now I'm not interested in being in a romantic relationship. I'm not completely ruling out the possibility if I met someone really amazing, but I think it's a lot more likely that I'll stay single for the foreseeable future. That being said, I was an only child and always wanted more than 1 kid. The idea of having another on my own at some point is definitely something I'm considering, although it would still be several years down the road since my son is still pretty new.
kungfualex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #49
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulorangekids View Post

Attachment 137703

Hi Tiffany,
Congratulations! I just saw this thread as usually, I only pop in to read the diaper threads. I am also a SMBC. My son is almost 14 months old...my goodness the year has flown by.

The children's book list you have in this thread is useful...I have 2 of them for my son and want to pick up a few of the others. A good pregnancy book to read is "Choosing You" by Alexandra Soiseth http://www.alexandrasoiseth.com/choosing_you.html

I myself, did not find reading the usual pregnancy books very helpful whe I was pregnant, as they always seemed to highlight the husband/father's role and, well for those of us that don't have the white picket fence, I just didn't need the reminder when I was all fat and hormonal. LOL.

Feel free to PM me any time. I probably won't post too much here openly about my journey because it's also my son's life story now and he may not like that so much in the future...but I'm always willing to lend an ear or just swap stories.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #50
tatcarmom
Registered Users

SMC to two full siblings via donor sperm. Tatum is nearly 5 and Carson is 20 mo. It's tough. Thankfully I have my mom living nearby. I have amazing friends who helped me choose my donor. I knew 15 years ago that I was going this route if there was no Mr Right. I have never regretted my decision, but sometimes do feel guilty about "depriving" my kids of a Dad. It has definitely been the ride of my life!
tatcarmom is offline   Reply With Quote