Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #151
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma View Post
You mommas make me feel so much better! I was seriously thinking there was something wrong with me and my "twinerexia" as DH calls it. I am still trying to eat like a body builder, but it is no where close to what the Brewer diet calls for.
Haha, twinerexia, lmbo it's just hard though. My friends think I'm crazy because I could eat anything right now and I don't want to! My mw told me today to eat more ice cream or anything with lots of fat until babies are born. Funny how I didn't have a hard time gaining weight with my last single, these babies just use it all up!

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #152
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone (or did anyone) have problems with high blood pressure? Mine was high at my 10 week appointment, and I have the 'symptoms' they talked about, about it being high on a normal basis. I have what I would consider a pretty 'stressful' job.. watching 3-4 daycare kids per day. I think it's more stressful than having a big family, because the kids are very... stressful. Since this is not their family, they come here with their own ideas of how rules should be, and how they should act.. so my day consists of lots of time-outs, discipline, and feeling my blood pressure rise as I take care of behavior I would NEVER allow in my home.

Over the past few days, I have literally had to sit down and take deep breaths, I felt like my blood was boiling over the simplest things (emptying a Kleenex box all over, grabbing other kid's toys and food, climbing on tables, pushing, .. the norm..)

I really do not want to be put on medication for it, because I do believe that the babies receive all of what you ingest while pregnant. I'm thinking I may need to stop working earlier than I had originally planned. I'm thinking I may need to be done at 20 weeks instead of 30. I'm just getting too stressed over everything.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #153
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had high BP in my first pregnancy toward the end and I'm convinced it was at least partially stress related. DH were newly weds and we had a lot of money worries and other things going on. It ended up causing me to deliver my son at 37 weeks. I started out this pregnancy babysitting one little girl full time and had to stop after the first week! She was a HUGE handful, did not nap at all (18 mons) and was into everything!! She would also scream at the drop of a hat and I just couldn't take it. I knew it wasn't going to work out long term so I told the mom right away. I was literally exhausted, frustrated and some days in tears by the time she went home. I've had tons of childcare experience but adding her to my regular responsibilities, online school and being pregnant with twins, it was just too much. I'd start telling the parents now that you're having medical complications and will have to stop working a lot sooner. I really hate that daycare is such a stressful job now days because kids just are not taken care of properly at home.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #154
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24 View Post
I'd start telling the parents now that you're having medical complications and will have to stop working a lot sooner. I really hate that daycare is such a stressful job now days because kids just are not taken care of properly at home.
Yeah, it amazes me the way kids act nowadays. That is one of the reasons we have decided to homeschool. If we were in a smaller town and not a large city, I would consider public school. But in a bigger city, there are too many outside influences and bad kids that can rub off their bad behavior, and I have already witnessed that first hand with daycare kids!

I really, really need the income, but DH figured out that he can cover all of the bills by himself and we will have a little left over. But that means no extra money for baby items, so I'm thinking I need to get whatever I can soon, and then hopefully have help from family or a baby shower later on.

The pay here is lower than most places too. I only receive $2.00-$2.50/hour per child, so some days it doesn't seem like it is worth it. But at the end of the week, it's money earned, so it's a very hard decision!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #155
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I normally have really low blood pressure, but have been running 130s/80s this pregnancy . My lowest though was when I finally had an appointment without kids.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #156
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

MyKzoo - I haven't had high blood pressure but I am there with you on the daycare thing. I had several kids I was watching when I got pregnant with the twins. It is exhausting work. My doctor was really pissed that I didn't quit right away since two were older infants that were way over the limit I was supposed to be lifting. It killed me to quit after building up my business for years but it was the best thing I ever did for myself and the babies. On my last day I was 18 weeks and when I look back on it I wish so much I would have done it sooner. We are really crazy broke with me not working but the babies and my sanity are more important.
Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to say that if they are stressing you - quit right now!!!
I am also homeschooling my older daughter for the reasons mentioned by you and Kristen. We are having a great time with it. I could talk about homeschooling forever if you ever want to PM me

AFM - Just plugging along at 30 weeks now. I didn't think it was possible for me to get even more uncomfortable and unable to sleep but it does keep getting worse. I can't make it more than three hours before some pain wakes me up. The babies are doing well though which is the most important thing.
ilovemygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #157
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygirl View Post
MyKzoo - I haven't had high blood pressure but I am there with you on the daycare thing. I had several kids I was watching when I got pregnant with the twins. It is exhausting work. My doctor was really pissed that I didn't quit right away since two were older infants that were way over the limit I was supposed to be lifting. It killed me to quit after building up my business for years but it was the best thing I ever did for myself and the babies. On my last day I was 18 weeks and when I look back on it I wish so much I would have done it sooner. We are really crazy broke with me not working but the babies and my sanity are more important.
Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to say that if they are stressing you - quit right now!!!
I am also homeschooling my older daughter for the reasons mentioned by you and Kristen. We are having a great time with it. I could talk about homeschooling forever if you ever want to PM me

AFM - Just plugging along at 30 weeks now. I didn't think it was possible for me to get even more uncomfortable and unable to sleep but it does keep getting worse. I can't make it more than three hours before some pain wakes me up. The babies are doing well though which is the most important thing.
I literally almost just cried reading your post. 50% relief, and 50% hormones/emotions I'm sure. I seriously feel like I'm being LAZY by wanting to quit, and that I'm doing it for reasons that are not good enough. DH reminded me I'm ONLY 11 weeks, but I go to bed every evening at 8pm. Today I have NO daycare kids, because they had other things going, and it feels great. My kids are happier because they are not stressed by the schedule we had to keep with other kids here. They are also able to do whatever they want. I'm getting some stuff done, but the relaxing is 'true' relaxing.. not sitting on the couch while refereeing fighting kids.

I truly believe that if this was a singleton pregnancy, I would not be considering quitting right now. But I worry SO much about this pregnancy, and I would just NEVER forgive myself if my work/stress led to any complications or made the pregnancy harder. I'm struggling to get in 2000 calories per day, and my protein amount. It's even harder when I'm chasing after kids during the day. I'm exhausted 24/7, and sleep from 8pm to 8am every single night, and I'm still tired. Trying to make sure I eat iron-rich foods as I'm badly anemic before being pregnant.

I just feel like if quitting work at 20 weeks means having an easier and healthier 20-30 weeks, than I should do it. And if I'm not able to take care of myself while taking care of kids, I may have to end it earlier. We have $0 in savings, and live with a little cushion each month that we are putting towards paying our car off before the babies arrive. We can't afford a van, but I don't mind taking two cars until we can figure it out. It's doable, so I think I will see how I feel once I hit 14 weeks, and go from there. I've let everyone know I may give 2 weeks notice and quit because of my health, and they all understand.

Good to know that it was worth it to you, and I'm hoping that will encourage me to stick to my gut and quit early as well!!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #158
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I couldn't even stay awake the first trimester! I slept 8-8 every day with as long of a nap as I could get! I have four kids already, no extras, but I've btdt, and it was rough with one baby! I just want to say that when I am tempted to overdo it, I would think about how much I wouldn't be able to do with babies in the nicu. And how much $ that costs on top of all that stress! That's how I kept focused on taking it easy and eating as much as possible! I do homeschool my kids too, and we are not doing nearly as much as I would like, but we have the flexibility to catch up easily. I will be 37 weeks on Saturday, and once April gets here, these babies can come anytime! I have so many projects to finish! Hugs to all of you!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #159
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd love to join you all. I'm Danielle, expecting fraternal twin girls August 29th.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #160
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
I couldn't even stay awake the first trimester! I slept 8-8 every day with as long of a nap as I could get! I have four kids already, no extras, but I've btdt, and it was rough with one baby! I just want to say that when I am tempted to overdo it, I would think about how much I wouldn't be able to do with babies in the nicu. And how much $ that costs on top of all that stress! That's how I kept focused on taking it easy and eating as much as possible! I do homeschool my kids too, and we are not doing nearly as much as I would like, but we have the flexibility to catch up easily. I will be 37 weeks on Saturday, and once April gets here, these babies can come anytime! I have so many projects to finish! Hugs to all of you!
SO glad to know I'm not the only one! Right now I am getting no nap during the day, as daycare kids will not allow it (half of them try to skip nap time anyways). I totally agree about the NICU. It breaks my heart to think about my babies being torn from me and placed in incubators or taken to the NICU and hooked up to things. I need to keep that in mind when I think about how much I'm doing. And I know rest and food is really important, and I need to have time to get it all in.

CONGRATS on being 37 weeks on Saturday!! How Awesome!! Is your DR or Midwife letting you go until you deliver? I still have to talk to mine about how and when they do their 38 week induction. I've started labor at home for all of my other 4 healthy full-term pregnancies (My 2 + Surrogate x2). So I'm sure if I make it that far, I will hopefully start labor at home instead of going through the induction process.

Best Wishes for a wonderful delivery, and happy and healthy babies!!