Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #11
JadeScarlet
Registered Users

Re: Can we EC just for poopy?

I did this for a little while - it was easy to tell when he was going to poop because he was always straining. Then it stopped being easy. I guess his muscles down there caught up and he poops easily. Now he tells me he has pooped as soon as he does it but patting his bottom.

But if I let him run around naked sometimes he will sit on the potty when he is about to poop all on his own. (And sometimes not....got a spray bottle for cleaning poop off the floor).

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeScarlet
I did this for a little while - it was easy to tell when he was going to poop because he was always straining. Then it stopped being easy. I guess his muscles down there caught up and he poops easily. Now he tells me he has pooped as soon as he does it but patting his bottom.

But if I let him run around naked sometimes he will sit on the potty when he is about to poop all on his own. (And sometimes not....got a spray bottle for cleaning poop off the floor).
I think I'm going to have to work harder at EC with the baby. She had shots Friday and has had diarrhea ever since Shes also been refusing solids so that doesn't help with the consistency of her BMs. Hopefully once thing firm up again it will be easier for me to read her cues. Lately she's just been screaming as the poop comes out. Poor thing. I think this was her last roto virus immunization. She has such a hard time with that one.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #13
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2 View Post
I think I'm going to have to work harder at EC with the baby. She had shots Friday and has had diarrhea ever since Shes also been refusing solids so that doesn't help with the consistency of her BMs. Hopefully once thing firm up again it will be easier for me to read her cues. Lately she's just been screaming as the poop comes out. Poor thing. I think this was her last roto virus immunization. She has such a hard time with that one.
Just don't forget to say your que words even when you just notice her pooping in her diaper. My sister ECed my nephew without taking his diaper off, she'd just que him every time he was having a bm. When he was able to sit on the potty independently (around 6 months) she started putting him on the potty.
ltlmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #14
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know anything at all about EC, but I have now parented 4 kids and I say..we are the parents of our children and we can do whatever is best for them and our family....it doesn't matter if it follows the "rules" of any one way or another

Currently working on...Leading my heart where it should go....not yelling....and practicing patience.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #15
AndreaOlson
Registered Users

I think this is great!! I'd just do very, very part-time EC, where you just put her on the potty every time she gives you the fussing/grunting signal. You don't really have to do more unless you feel inclined to at a later date, at which time I'd recommend you research and find a good resource for starting EC at the age she's at then. Good luck!
AndreaOlson is offline   Reply With Quote