Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2007, 03:48 PM   #31
nacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2nd+ time moms

I felt that too.. Until DS arrived with my mother at the hospital, and calmly crawled up in my lap, kissed his sister sweetly, and giggled. He was barely a year old, and had instantly fallen in love with his little sister. Of course we're on #4 now, but he still does the same thing He loves and protects his siblings with all his little heart. Although we dont get one on one time all the time, we make special time! He keeps kissing my belly asking when she is going to come, so he can kiss her

Advertisement

nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:29 PM   #32
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel that way. DD and I are soooo deeply bonded. She loves her daddy very much, but she is still such a mamas girl. I am so scared of how this new baby is going to affect her. I worry that she will somehow see the new baby as a thread, and resent him or her for taking "mama away". I'm really nervous. She'll be 20 months when this baby arrives, and that just isnt old enough to fully understand whats going on. I hope, hope, hope that moving nearby family will allow us to have the support we need, and help me make time for just Gemma and I, even with a newborn.

Im just praying for strength and courage!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:11 PM   #33
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

it's totally normal mama, i remember when i was pg with dd, i was worried about ds, he was just 2 when she was born, and we prepared him as much as we could for the coming arrival.
it was really weird at first when she was born, alot of things he was used to like just jumping in bed with me, now had to be more careful since dd was co-sleeping and i was recovering from ym first c/s.
it didn't last long though and he was sooo awesome with everything, he loved helping with her and holding her, YES i let my 2 yr old hold his nb sister while sitting on the bed
he loves her so much and they are really close, even now, it's amazing the bond they hold. now that i have another coming, i am nervous again, not so much for ds who is 4 but for dd who is just 2 yrs old, she is such a princess and is babied big time and i do worry she may get jealous, we are trying to prepare them both for the new baby but she is special needs and i don't know exactly how much of this she really understands.I'm sure all will be just fine though
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote