Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #21
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So much for a VBAC....

Sending lots of labor vibes and praying for you to stay healthy!!

Advertisement

ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:36 PM   #22
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

first of all---- you can refuse a c/s unless it is 110% shown to be needed.

secondly, labor dust for a VBAC

and thirdly-- sorry your doc is pressuring you into something you clearly do not want
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #23
Pea_inthepod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaelovesenglish View Post

I just had a successful VBAC 2 weeks ago and will pray you get yours. I was able to hold the docs off, but they were pressuring me to have another section, I did not however have problems with my blood pressure this time around either. Are you only 36 weeks? They shouldn't be even contemplating a c-section unless they thing it is serious, it is too early. I would question that and go in for non stress tests as often as I could and if I had to have an emergency c-section so be it, but to schedule this early just sounds off unless your bp was off the charts or something.
im 37....havent updated my siggy, sorry.

We are trying to avoid an emergency c-section...i had one last time and OMG it was TERRIBLE. If i HAVE to have one I would much rather it be planned and more controlled then last time. I am going to have him re-check everything and see if he can break my water before he does a c-section...I really do trust this doctor....he is NOT one to do a c-sec unless he TRULY believes its absolutely necessary. He was very excited for me to try and do a natural VBAC this time and knows how much I do NOT want a c-sec. Hes a good, Christian, very pro-natural doctor and I truly believe he knows best. Hopefully if he can break my water, that might get me going instead of doing the section. But I dont think we can wait...i had SEVERE pre-e last time and they were wondering how I wasnt have a seizures...i DONT want to go through that again.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #24
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaelovesenglish View Post
Are you only 36 weeks? They shouldn't be even contemplating a c-section unless they thing it is serious, it is too early. I would question that and go in for non stress tests as often as I could and if I had to have an emergency c-section so be it, but to schedule this early just sounds off unless your bp was off the charts or something.
I was thinking the same thing if they have to do an emergency c-section so be it but I wouldn't volunteer for it, just in case.