Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #91
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Katie - boo on the drs office dragging their feet. Prayers for your dad that its just stones. My dh hasn't been to any appts but idc really. We need the money more. Lol. I would find out gender, just not tell him and any money shot pics hide. I am going to share safe pics with family. Oh- I still haven't felt any movement yet so I wouldn't worry much.

Jennifer- hope you find out just for piece of mind.

Afm- I took a long hot shower and another Zantac this morning. I feel a little better. But now when I rock DS for nap/bedtime it hurts my belly! He's having trouble getting comfy too. Even wearing stretchy pants hurt when I have them pushed all the way under the belly. Dang. I wish it was dress season!

Advertisement

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 03-27-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #92
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 Chat ~ March 24-30

Just heard back from the OB. The nurse was nice enough to call and let me know they finally had the results. I asked her if she could tell me anything and she said that at the bottom of the echo it said there was some mild regurgitation in my mitral valve. She said typically this goes along with mitral valve prolapse (MVP), but she didn't directly come out and say that they seen any prolapsing. After I got off of the phone with her, I looked up some more info on it. Sounds like I could have just the regurgitation (leaking valve) and not have any prolapse (valve opening in the wrong direction). I guess I'll find out more. I also looked up what the difference between a murmur and mitral regurgitation is. Apparently, murmurs make the whooshing sound and may or may not be caused my any regurgitation, but mitral regurgitation may or may not make the whooshing sound. Since no doctor has ever mentioned to me about a whooshing sound, I take it that mine is not the same a regular murmur. I also read that all mitral valve disorders progressively get worse over time, are commonly diagnosed around the age of 30 (I'm 27), and can often result in atrial fibrillation, enlarged heart, or congestive heart failure over long periods of time. As far as what to do now, the nurse told me that my OB would discuss it more in depth with me tomorrow and depending on what she and the cardiologist want to do I may or may not have to take an oral medication and there is a possibility that I might have to have antibiotics administered during delivery via IV. The good thing is at least I sort-of have a better idea what I may be facing now.....bad thing is that it looks like it's something that I'll have to live with and that could get much worse as I get older.

As for the u/s.....I think I'm going to do like I said. Go in, tell the tech to tell me, but not put it on the pics, and act like I don't know anything around DH. My sister has an appointment in the same town tomorrow before mine, so I'm going with her to her appointment, help her get groceries, and then she'll go with me to mine. She'll stay in the waiting room though with the kids. I may take mine back with me because she'll have her 5 and DD might like to see the baby on the screen.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #93
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

just make sure that DD can keep the secret from daddy
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #94
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
just make sure that DD can keep the secret from daddy
I will.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #95
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Katie- The cardiologist hasn't gotten back to me either. They called friday and I called back and left a message. I also called back on Monday. Haven't heard a word.

fwiw, I have a heart murmur only when pregnant because the blood volume is significantly more, so the valves don't close all of the way.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #96
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She called me back about half an hour ago. All is normal except the heart murmur-- which is harmless. I have strict orders to "Liberalize salt, water and caloric intake to increase my blood volume and take it easy until the dizziness subsides." The nurse got a kick out of that. Usually she is telling people to watch their sodium and lower calories and exercise more.

DH got a kick out of it too.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #97
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Glad you got answers Katie! I am sorry they are not great answers though. At least you know so you can prepare for it.

Amber - it sounds like you got better results. That is good. I hope you like salt. I don't, so having lots of salt sounds like a nightmare to me!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #98
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

sounds like a lot of processed salty food in your future amber
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #99
LauraI
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for the welcomes. My name is Laura I (the capital letter I). I just realized it looks like Laural or Laurel with some fonts. Oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Welcome Laurel! I am sorry you are already on bed rest. Can you share why? What a nightmare to be going through so early on!
I had an emergent cerclage put in place last week because my cervix was shortening quickly, and I was funneling at 16w and worse at 17w. I saw my dr again today & cervix has stopped shortening, but I'm still supposed to be on bedrest. I will admit - I was pretty frightened there for a while, thinking we would lose Baby, but things are lookin up now.
LauraI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #100
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraI View Post
I had an emergent cerclage put in place last week because my cervix was shortening quickly, and I was funneling at 16w and worse at 17w. I saw my dr again today & cervix has stopped shortening, but I'm still supposed to be on bedrest. I will admit - I was pretty frightened there for a while, thinking we would lose Baby, but things are lookin up now.
Oh how sad! I am glad you were able to catch it in time though! My first pregnancy was a pProm. I knew the warning signs but it came out of no where. I hope you have a long time left in your pregnancy!

AFM - I haven't heard from Peri yet. Oncologist office called my yesterday confused (onc is on vacation). They said the odds are in my favor that I am still in remission. It was just checked last month. Today I am 22 weeks and Nathaniel is active but not overly so. I think it is because I am bit under the weather though.

However on the plus side, I am only 2 weeks away from viability! I know that is a low mark to reach for, but honestly I am reaching for EVERY mark. After viability I will reach for 30 weeks (which is when it is almost a mathematical certainty that I will bring home my son). Then I will reach for my c-section date.