Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cool Irritated Uterus

Has anyone experienced this? I am 28 weeks and thought I was going into labor last night. I started having cntrx every 3-4 mins apart that were STRONG! I was not able to eat dinner because of them and I was even shaking during them for a while. They started at 5pm and lasted until 5 or 6 this morning. I turned on my hypnobabies to help me relax through them and laid in bed. This website best describes what I was going through. http://azj2.blogspot.com/2012/03/dea...terus.html?m=1
I was just wondering what others are doing that get this. Do you go to the dr and get a shot or pills to stop the cntrx or do you just go on with life being miserable? These are NOT braxton hicks. These are like active labor - seriously. I got this with my last two pregnancies but it did not start until about 36 weeks so it didn't concern me all that much. Now I am wondering HOW I am going to get through the final three months.
Thanks for any replies.

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Irritated Uterus

I had that happen towards the end with my oldest. On and off and annoying as heck! for weeks.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Me!! I was at l&d the other night actually. I was having contractions every 5-6mins but for some reason they were not being picked up on the monitor. I mentioned it to the nurse and she said she might have had the monitor up to high. Then she kept saying I was indeed having bhc and was very rude. My mom was with me and agreed that a lot of what she said was out of line. Ill be reporting her actually. She was telling me I wasn't sensitive to Wellbutrin like my chart says because Wellbutrin can't cause vision issues lol...funny its listed as a sensitivity and 2 docs have confirmed. Then upon discharge she was going over instructions and she said "he's the discharge papers, which I'm sure you've seen before" in a wicked bad tone.

Anyway...yes I'm having what you explained. Its going into period like cramps also. Its no fun. But cervix is closed so that's a good thing!!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Irritated Uterus

I had a nurse tell me epidurals are 100% safe and that the permanent damage I have in my back & left leg are from something else. Likely story. And NO nothing in life is 100% safe, esp in medicine. HELLO!

I need to call my dr about it but I know he will want me to come in (and I wont be having them at that moment). It's the irony of it all. I want them to go away but I don't want to go in.