Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
smcartechine
Registered Users
seller

Small/medium play wool cheap! Interlock soaker! REDUCED!

Ok, I have some wool covers here that have some flaws, whether they be stains, felting, snap issues, or the inherent flaw of being made by me  I will try to be as complete in my descriptions as possible, but I may miss a detail or two. If you have specific concerns or would like to see more pictures ASK! We are a smoke-free, cat and dog loving home. These have been washed in CA baby shampoo and lanolized except the teal soaker which has never been lanolized. I will try to ship next day, but I am really busy with school and work so it may be two. I will let you know at the time that you purchase when I will be able to ship. If I'm forgetting anything, please post or pm me!

The next picture:

Top left: unknown maker upcycled wool soaker (brown argyle). A little pilly and not super stretchy. Has a wetzone doubler sewn in. I loved this for overnights when my daughter was smaller and could fit it. Measurements taken flat: Waist 7.5”, Thighs: 4.5” Hips (or widest point): 9.5” Full rise (not flat): 17” $7ppd SOLD

Top middle is SOLD

Top Right: 100% merino upcycled wool soaker that was the first soaker I ever sewed. It is solid but the seams do show since I only had white thread when I was making this and it was my experiment. It is obvious how much of a novice seamstress I am in this thing! Definitely overnight or play wool – very functional but certainly not pretty. Same fabric sewn double in wetzone. Elastic waist. This was a medium-ish soaker that still fit my girl and two weeks ago it ended up in a load of work clothes and I wanted to cry. It is now closer to a large newborn/small size, but is still relatively stretchy and is now thicker and even more waterproof. Needs to be relanolized. $6 ppd $4.50 ppd

Bottom left: This is an interlock wool soaker made by me. Again, novice seamstress, but the craftsmanship is much better than the other one listed above. This has single layer 95/5 interlock body, doubler layer interlock legs and waist, and a super thick 100% upcycled felted lambswool wetzone doubler. This was another overnight soaker for us that worked great…BUT, my husband let her play outside in the dirt and it is natural colored (I didn’t dye this one) and now it is dingy looking and I was unable to get it clean looking with regular baby wash. I haven’t tried stripping with dawn yet, so maybe that would work. I think there is also a little bit of strawberry stain on the top of the waist band, so maybe just dyeing it would be the best bet ;-) Measurements: (flat except rise) Waist: 7” Thighs: 4.5” Hips: 9.5” Full Rise: 15” Keep in mind this is interlock, so the waist and hips have quite a bit of stretch, the rise only a little. $10 ppd SOLD

Bottom right: sold

Last I have another small interlock soaker made by me. This was my koolaid dying experiment! This was destined to be a great soaker, but alas I hadn’t learned the “wash before sew” lesson that is common sense to everyone else. SO even though it took the dye wonderfully, it also dropped it down a size and a half and I was unable to use it on my daughter. This has never been worn/lanolized. Almost exact same description as the natural interlock soaker above except the measurements are slightly different since it hasn’t been worn/stretched. Waist: 7”, Thigh 4”, Hip 9”, Rise 13.5” Again, this is very stretchy. The waist can go up to 10” to give you an idea. And the super thick wetzone makes this a great soaker for overnight/naps. $13 ppd $11 ppd

Please PM with questions. I also have a bunch of fleece wraps/soakers that I hope to post tomorrow god knows when...

See my fitteds here! http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1503762

SOLD BELOW HERE
_____________________________________________-
I have two Loveybums wool wrap. One is orange and has lots of dirt stains that I have not had success removing. I’ve recently read that stripping with Dawn may work, but I haven’t tried. It is also missing one button on the left side that pulled through. A friend repaired it and it just pulled through again immediately after. This one is still nice and stretchy, and was one of my favorite daytime summer wool covers. It is medium, which is 9-22lbs per the tag, but depending on the diaper it is going over it can fit a little larger.

The blue one is actually a size large, but I bought it after another mama accidentally felted it down to a size medium. It too has some discoloration, but it has lost its flexibility. It is great for daytime over trim fitteds, but wouldn’t work well for prefolds or fitteds that are wide at the crotch, unless you are using it on a small baby. $7 ppd $5 ppd for blue
SOLD

Advertisement

Last edited by smcartechine; 04-12-2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: added link to fitteds
smcartechine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
keidlog
Registered Users
seller

Re: Small/medium play wool cheap! Two interlock soakers!

Interested in lovely bums orange.
keidlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
keidlog
Registered Users
seller

pmed you about the wool wrap....waiting to hear back...
keidlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
smcartechine
Registered Users
seller

The pm never came through? I don't see your message. Are you still interested or did you find what you needed?
Old 03-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
smcartechine
Registered Users
seller

Please be patient if I don't respond immediately! I'm in nursing school full time, work part time and am trying to run a household with a toddler. I'm rarely able to make it to a computer and the DS app doesn't like to work all the time. I promise I will respond as soon as I can!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
smcartechine
Registered Users
seller

Happy Easter!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
smcartechine
Registered Users
seller

BUMP
Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
smcartechine
Registered Users
seller

I also have small/medium fleece wraps and soakers that I will post as soon as I have time. If you are interested in seeing them let me know! Selling cheap!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #9
smcartechine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Small/medium play wool cheap! Interlock soaker! REDUCED!

Bump for reductions!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #10
smcartechine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Small/medium play wool cheap! Interlock soaker! REDUCED!

MMAO