Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #21
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Not me, but oldest and youngest got my husband's concave butt. Right now, they're flat, but I worry as they get older it will look really weird. His back sticks out further than his butt does. Pants NEVER stay up. His underwear cant even stay up high, it all rolls down. They also have hips noticeably narrower than their shoulders, like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
DD has my long torso. Makes clothes uber hard to fit. For instance, right now her shoulders are 3T, but 3T shirts are midriffs. So, you go to 4T and it looks like she's wearing clothes that are too big for her.

It's a small thing in the grand scheme.. but I hated not being able to find clothes that fit right. I still do hate it, actually.

and she'll be stuck wearing empire waist dresses and such.. so little choice when your hips are so far down from your shoulders.
My daughter is like this, except it's from my husband. She's 5, and can fit a 3T, so she's quite small. But for length she needs a 5 or small (depending on store), so she's a very little girl with a long torso.

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #22
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Physical traits

Cankles. I'm not a big person but I have horrible cankles and my little guy has them too. They are cute in him now but I'm sure he will hate them when he is older!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #23
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DH and I both carry all our weight in our middles - classic apples - and so does DD. little round belly on a toddler = cute. Little round belly on a not-pg mom = not so cute
But she got DH's nice round butt :-). It is so round, in fact, that her 2t underpants are too big in the waist and totally too small in the rear
It's funny, I am Asian, DH is white. Since DD has "asian" facial characteristics everyone always says she looks so much like me. But if you look closely she is a perfect blend of MIL and FIL family traits, with very little that ACTUALLY looks like me!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #24
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Physical traits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I have a feeling ds1 will get my acne. Everything else he got from me I am happy about.
Oh I hope DS didn't inherit this from me. I only have perfect skin while pregnant.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 AM   #25
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

I really hope DD doesn't get her dad's huge nose!

For myself, I'm very petite, just shy of 5 feet. I struggled with it a lot growing up and although I'm okay with it now, (for the most part. I wouldn't pass up a few extra inches if they were easy to come by) I know DD will inherit my stature. She was tiny at birth and is still very small. I would feel worse if she was a boy though. I feel like its more difficult to be small and male than female.

I also hope she doesn't get my terrible teeth. I get cavities so easily!!