Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #611
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I hear this a lot, and don't "get it".....

I would so drown my phone.

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #612
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

I won't get involved in the debate because frankly it just doesn't matter at all in any way. I am assuming none of us are supreme court justices so any agreement means absolutely nothing legally and certainly an internet death match solves nothing. But it always makes me wonder why people get involved in this ,what is the draw to continually debate the same thing with the same arguments and insults from both sides? I just don't see the point of all the hurt feelings and anger that comes from it ,when in the end both sides leave even more adamant they are right.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #613
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
I've had whole conversations on the phone in the shower. My BFF didn't know till the end when I turned the water off...
I'll be honest...I've done it before and sometimes I leave my phone within reach of the shower so that I can text back or answer lol

Stand as far from the water as you can and have an otterbox!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #614
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
I won't get involved in the debate because frankly it just doesn't matter at all in any way. I am assuming none of us are supreme court justices so any agreement means absolutely nothing legally and certainly an internet death match solves nothing. But it always makes me wonder why people get involved in this ,what is the draw to continually debate the same thing with the same arguments and insults from both sides? I just don't see the point of all the hurt feelings and anger that comes from it ,when in the end both sides leave even more adamant they are right.
I think it's
a) a form of self affirmation
b) a way to stretch the mind a little-like a crossword puzzle but more interactive
c) a way to think about anything other than little people
Old 03-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #615
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52 View Post
Her vocabulary didn't bother me at all, like I said I'm married to someone who loves to use the biggest words he can when writing his English papers.

What bothered me was her assuming she knew anything about me based on one post.

Like this for instance, I never said it was true because it had a history, my point was about beliefs being accepted as "normal" because of history.

And this. I was not claiming that my God was the only true God or that my belief made him real.

Here she almost touches on what my post was even about. I could have used any example of people communing with their god of choice and it would have made no difference.

And then she ends with the assumption that she has just shot down all my arguments because she knows exactly what I believe and it's all silly.

No, it's only normal if it falls under the ideas of normal religious beliefs, any religion, not Christianity. My post was never about the merits of Christianity over other religions, it was about the difference between what is socially acceptable "normal" religious belief and what is defined as delusions related to mental illness such as schizophrenia.

So my offence was not that she wanted to argue or to use big words but that she totally went off on a tangent about all religions being just as [in]valid as Christianity when that had nothing whatsoever to do with my response to Carrie.
I've been reading but not posting because I don't feel my brain cells are up for it.

But this is a very rational and well put response. Just wanted to say that.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #616
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
I think it's
a) a form of self affirmation
b) a way to stretch the mind a little-like a crossword puzzle but more interactive
c) a way to think about anything other than little people
and it's entertaining when your home on spring break and NOT working full time and need to let your mind do nothing. Cuz that's certainly what I did all day today...nothing. Mind vacation days = time well spent
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #617
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
I'll be honest...I've done it before and sometimes I leave my phone within reach of the shower so that I can text back or answer lol

Stand as far from the water as you can and have an otterbox!
I have an otter box!!! OMG, DS in the shower too??? It's all gonna hit the fan at my house...
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #618
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
He's climbin' in yo shower
Wrackin' yo phone bill up
So you betta
Hide yo cell
*sings*

...He be callin' er'ybody out hurr.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #619
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
Well, in my case it comes from wanting to understand the other POV. I don't have access to any conservative or evangelical Christians in my real life. I know many people who are both Catholic specifically and other Christians, but none who identify themselves so much so that on a place like DS they would even mention it, let alone put it in the siggy and debate it. It's a curiosity, and a chance to let people see the other side if they don't have any access to the non-religious. Depending on where you live in this country, you could have sole access to only one "type" of person.

I like the general discourse on DS. I like that all in one place I can debate someone, get answers on detergents, and seriously mess around (like how some of our threads go, Hitman).

I am a SAHM. I feel isolated quite a bit. I love that this forum offers me a chance to have a live debate while I'm sitting in PJ's and my toddler is smashing bananas on the floor. I just won't find that in the "real" world. I wouldn't have my dogs here to clean the banana off the floor so I wouldn't feel as good splitting my attention.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #620
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last edited by Hope4More; 04-19-2013 at 07:14 PM.