Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #51
ShirleySH
Registered Users
seller

Re: unmedicated Birth and water breaking?

My doctor had to break my water. I was about 6cm and it still had not broken on its own. I remember a warm gush of water and actually a bit of relief after the water had broken. Contractions were more painful though after my water was broken. I had access to a birthing tub at the hospital I gave birth at. The doctor allowed me to go in after I hit 7cm which helped a lot with relieving some of the pain!

Advertisement

ShirleySH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #52
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With DS my 1st my water started trickling around 330am while turning over in bed and contractions didn't start until around 12pm. Then I had him at 10:59pm. So labor was around 12 hours hard labor more like 4 hours.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #53
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my most recent (3rd unmedicated)...
I was being induced for mild pre-e. We'd tried cervidil... it fell out. Then tried walking... then tried pumping... all of those gave me ctx that last while I was doing the activity, but stopped once the activity stopped. After about 8 hours of trying those methods (with little/no success in getting labor going)... I had them break my water... I was already at 4-5cm. As soon as that happened, things kicked in and got intense very fast. 2 hours later he was out. Easiest labor out of my 3. (All 3 inductions ... first 2 with cervidil, but otherwise unmedicated)

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #54
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

It just went POP! then gush. It felt quite strange, and I swear I could hear it pop LOL.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #55
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers
It just went POP! then gush. It felt quite strange, and I swear I could hear it pop LOL.
I totally heard mine pop with my second!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #56
EmilyDan
Registered Users

The nurses broke mine while I was pushing. It took them a couple tries because the bag had doubled over on itself but I couldn't feel it breaking and nothing really changed.

I have to disagree with a PP who said hospitals will break your water for no reason. I gave birth at a hospital and they never even offered to break mine (and when they did it was an offer, not a demand, and totally up to me) until I had been pushing for awhile (and I had been in transition for hours) and it was just because they thought it might make pushing easier. It didn't, really, but I think that was because my daughter had a nuchal arm.
EmilyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #57
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

First baby, they broke it in the hospital at 4-5cm dilated b/c I wasn't "going fast enough" through labor. So the options the presented me with were: "We can hook you up to pitocin, we can do a c/s, or we can break your water." I let them break my water. MOST.EXCRUCIATING.EXPERIENCE.EVER. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. (and I had no pain meds with any of my births) My contractions immediately got more intense and closer together. I delivered within 4 hrs I think after that (IIRC).

Next 3 babies, it broke on its own, right before or during pushing stage.

I don't plan on having any more babies. But I would never let someone break my water for a less-than-very-serious-reason again. It was truly a horrendous experience for me.

(ETA: I realize it's not that way for everyone. Some women don't even feel it at all. I did.)
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #58
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just delivered last night. I was a stretchy 9 with bulging bag. They actually had a hard time breaking it, dr said she never seen such a strong bag of waters. She was born 10 mins later
Old 03-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #59
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

All three of my births were med free.

DS--My water broke at the very beginning of labor. I started having contractions but they were mild. I dilated very slowly, then they figured out a had a forebag. When they broke that contractions picked up in frequency and intensity and babe was out in less than an hour.

DD 1--Made it to ten centimeters without it breaking. And they did not break it because they were trying to stall me since there wasn't a Dr available. At ten centimeters it EXPLODED and it was disgusting! It shot across the room, got all over me, the floor, everywhere. Only had to push once.

DD 2--With her it broke on its own when I was almost ready to push but not quite fully dilated. It didn't really change much because I was already in hard labor.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #60
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My doctor broke my water at the very beginning to induce labor as naturally as possible. It worked, and while I have nothing to compare it to (my 2 prior births were medicated--this was my first non-med birth), I think the pain was no worse than I expected.