Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #201
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
I originally wanted to be team green. Then there were two and that went out the window. My MIL paid $99 for me to go to the 4d ultrasound place as early as possible, 14w2d, to find out! Lol
My first pick was b/g since this is supposedly our last pregnancy. G/G was my second pick. I told Dh if he didn't want anymore he needed to get a vasectomy. If not, I'll tell him when I think I'm fertile etc but I'm not taking or tying anything again.
ETA: here are my ultrasound photos from 16w1d
We went back to be 100% sure before the gender reveal party:

Attachment 138658

Attachment 138659

Attachment 138660
That is SOOOOOO tempting me to want to find out!! EEEkkk.... I must resist temptation. We are so back and forth about Team Green because we both are quite positive there is one boy in there, and 80% sure we have B/B. I told DH if we do cave and find out, we will tell family that we did NOT find out, and continue to call them 'babies' or 'twins' instead of boy/girl or whatever they are. That way they will all be surprised, we will not be pressured with ideas for names, and we can prepare a little better.

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #202
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
I told DH if we do cave and find out, we will tell family that we did NOT find out, and continue to call them 'babies' or 'twins' instead of boy/girl or whatever they are. That way they will all be surprised, we will not be pressured with ideas for names, and we can prepare a little better.
I wanted to do that, but the family pressure was too much! We were going to do that when we thought we were having one, and it totally would have worked. I really like not knowing at all, but marriage is about compromise, lol, although in our naming situation that's not going well I have to carry and deliver these babies; it should be my decision, (with approval, of course)

Danielle- what a stash you have! Wow! We actually use sposies. My DH is very against cloth. I did cloth for a while with our first two, and I loved it, but DH did not... he always complained that he could smell pee, and my dipes were CLEAN! Again, compromises... I'm jealous of everyone's stashes though. I live vicariously through you all
Old 03-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #203
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sarah, aka: sdavis514
EDD:8/20/2013
Expecting mono/Di Identical twins, team green for now!
Lives in DC<Balto<Phili Tristate area

I will come back to read and update about my situation when I get a chance. Looks like I am the only known mono/di twins right now. There is so much going on with this pregnancy. I am overwhelmed And the more I read, the more I worry. Good luck to all the twin mama!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #204
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
Danielle- what a stash you have! Wow! We actually use sposies. My DH is very against cloth. I did cloth for a while with our first two, and I loved it, but DH did not... he always complained that he could smell pee, and my dipes were CLEAN! Again, compromises... I'm jealous of everyone's stashes though. I live vicariously through you all
My DH HATES sposies too. Our washing machine backs up into our kitchen sink, and he thinks that is just disgusting. We rent our home, and they won't fix it, so it's something we live with. I just wash the basins out before washing anything, but he thinks the whole process is gross and a lot of work. I haven't touched my OBV yet because I'm on the fence about it.

I realize that I will be nursing twins, and I will be the only one getting up with them at night (DH does not do nights, didn't for our other two). So I feel like I should just do sposies so DH can at least do that when I need help. But I am SO afraid of how expensive they will be! Walmart brand are $0.18 each, and with coupon deals I can get Pampers for about $0.18 too. But at 10 diapers per day, per kid, I'm looking at $25 a week not including wipes. Over $120 a month for diapers and wipes. I think we could do it, if we really, really squeezed, but I will have an entire diaper stash for that amount for the twins. And I can resell it when I'm done for 50-80% of what I paid. So it's a HUGE tug or war internally for me!!

Here is my "cost" for fabric, elastic, and snaps for my entire NB stash. Doesn't include my 'labor', obviously.

20 Bamboo & Hemp Fitteds - $30
20 Bamboo & Cotton Tabbed Prefolds - $30
4 Thirsties XS Covers - $32
4 Fleece Covers - $4
Pail Liner - $10
Hemp Doublers - $5
60 Flannel/Velour Wipes (WAHM bought) - $48 ppd

TOTAL - $159

So just over 1 month's worth of sposies gets me as many uses as I need for the NB stage. And I'd estimate my retail value being exactly what I paid, since I paid so little for stuff I made myself, so overall, almost no cost for NB dipes if I can sell them for what I paid for them.

Last edited by MyKzooFamily; 03-30-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #205
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis514 View Post
I will come back to read and update about my situation when I get a chance. Looks like I am the only known mono/di twins right now. There is so much going on with this pregnancy. I am overwhelmed And the more I read, the more I worry. Good luck to all the twin mama!!!
Hi Sarah! I know that there are a few more risks with mo/di than di/di, but there are a good number of people that have had mo/di pregnancies without any extra complications, so hopefully you will be among those Did you find out recently, or have you known for a while?
Old 03-31-2013, 01:48 AM   #206
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

What is mono/di?
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:54 AM   #207
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B
What is mono/di?
Monochorionic, dianniotic. Two amniotic sacs but a shared chorion sac, which becomes a shared placenta. That's where risk factors like Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome come in.

Last edited by March; 03-31-2013 at 01:55 AM.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 AM   #208
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
Monochorionic, dianniotic. Two amniotic sacs but a shared chorion sac, which becomes a shared placenta. That's where risk factors like Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome come in.
When did everyone find out what their twins were? I had my 10 week ultrasound, where they found out I had twins. She saw 3 sacks, and almost said there were twins, but then saw the two sacs with babies. She didn't look at anything further. My next ultrasound is 20 weeks.. is that when everyone else found out what kind/type along with genders? Or did they do another one sooner than 20 weeks?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #209
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily

When did everyone find out what their twins were? I had my 10 week ultrasound, where they found out I had twins. She saw 3 sacks, and almost said there were twins, but then saw the two sacs with babies. She didn't look at anything further. My next ultrasound is 20 weeks.. is that when everyone else found out what kind/type along with genders? Or did they do another one sooner than 20 weeks?
I found out at 14w2d, but I went to a place and paid for an early gender scan. My anatomy scan with my OB is next Wednesday. I'll be 18w6d. They told me around 10w that my twins have two sacs and two placentas with is di/di, I think.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #210
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I found out it was twins at my anatomy scan at about 22 weeks. That's also when they did the gender, but DH has had them look at least three times after that! I didn't see any reason for an early scan as there are no twins in the fam, we don't do genetic screenings, i knew my dates, and it's expensive! Next time, we will, lol!