Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Selling Used CDs and Wool

I feel like this: because I am such a stash churner to the point I drive myself and everyone around me crazy! At least I'm not keeping ALL the diapers, right? But I have trouble selling my used diapers, my local CD store never buys anything. I list things for good prices on here (like $35 for knit wool that is in VVGUC, a fraction of the cost of new) but everything sits. I've even had trouble giving away diapers FFS! Have you found that things sell easier on Spots? Where else can I sell? I don't want to give away something that I bought new for $30 (and used rarely) FFS, kwim?

NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
Banned - User Requested
My Mood:
Re: Selling Used CDs and Wool

I have had much better this week selling on spots. Its nice to list as pp confirm and not worry about haggling or disappearing buyers. I'm up to over $500 after shipping/fees on woollies, yarn, fabric and a boba. I've had to price lower than in the past because its what the current market dictates. I just have to tell myself its better to get money in the bank than have stuff around that I never use or is outgrown. I can say that things are probably more in line now with a true resale market than they used to be. There are very few markets that you can get 75-90% back on used stuff.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #3
Registered Users

I've been destashing like crazy and it's probably in preparation for this new baby. It really depends on the item. I first look at our local craigslist and local FB groups since those don't require shipping costs. If it's a specific brand, then FB groups for that brand are nice (like grovia and B4). And there's certain brands that do really well on ebay like gdiapers and Fuzzi bunz that just suck selling anywhere else (but with the 9% ebay fee, I try to avoid selling there). I've also had luck with general FB groups and the FSOT section here but things tend to sit a little longer. It's just a matter of pricing things right. I like to research the market trends before selling (like checking out the sold section of FSOT or see what the current prices are for new).
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
Registered Users

I've given up. It pains me to give away new wool that we never used but I'm at the point that I just don't care. It certainly makes me less likely to buy anymore than the bare essentials.
Mama to Brooklyn Marie 7/10/08 , Team green turned PINK Rebecca Rose 4/19/2012 & something new coming late March 2014
moonlightblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
Registered Users

I'm not a stash churner, but I hear ya! I've had things sit and not be able to basically FFS on some woolies. And I had to drastically discount to sell some used diapers when I was streamlining. Maybe people aren't in to wool as much anymore. I may try Spots. I'm thinking all my "nice" longies I'll list next fall since not a lot of people are looking for those now. I always find it interesting what sells and what doesn't.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
Registered Users
It's all timing IMHO. I've had items sit for a month on Craig's list then 3 people want it. Same here and eBay.
DSD - 12/98; DS - 8/10; DD 1/15

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote