Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Red face Bad day for a Bad Wax. lol. Any other Easter day fails!?

Yes, I'm the genius that decided to bleach my upper lip this morning, then when I became immediately irritated by the bleach, wiped it off and decided to wax an hour before Easter service at Church instead. Needless to say, I've went all day with big red lines across my upper lip from the wax strips, no amount of makeup could hide it. I'm red where I don't even recall having the actual wax... so not sure if its red from the pull and not having my face pulled tight enough or what. But it sucks! lol. Not the first time I've waxed, by any means, but.... I think I'd've been better off going to church and family functions with a hairy upper lip than this. No one said anything, but I know they noticed!

Oh... and 2nd fail for the day (tho I'm sure there's more than 2!) - - - I didn't take a single picture of the family or even the girls.

Advertisement

Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Planned on going to jcpenney to take advantage of my $10 off $25 coupon only to find they were closed! The coupon expires today grrrr. Easter us such a crock holiday I can't believe it anything is closed
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes
Planned on going to jcpenney to take advantage of my $10 off $25 coupon only to find they were closed! The coupon expires today grrrr. Easter us such a crock holiday I can't believe it anything is closed
My Easter is Ostara on the 21st so I get bugged that things are closed of holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

We've been out of town all web were low on groceries and I don't get paid until tomorrow. We did have some chicken in the freezer, but I forgot to pull it out to thaw before church. So there was no nice Easter lunch here. Instead DH had leftovers and nachos while I ate popcorn. Dd had pb sandwich andapples. our mothers would die if they knew! (I did fix a nice dinner though! Except I was going to make peach BBQ sauce and then realized it was canned pineapple and not peaches in the pantry. So that was still kind of a fail. Lol)

Even though we woke up early we were still running late, so DD didn't get her Easter basket until after 5pm.

I did remember pictures, but just barely. Got one cute one of dd by herself in the way in to church. Tried to get one of all three of us after. In one dd is crying non then other she is looking down and DH is doing something strange with his hand. Oh well.

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bad day for a Bad Wax. lol. Any other Easter day fails!?

We missed Easter pics here today too.

I am not sure what a crock holiday means. As far as stores being closed, I guess it depends on a lot of factors. Given the prevelance of Christianity in the U.S., it makes business sense to decrease your overhead by not paying employees on a day when you would expect lower customer turnout. And it hopefully builds good will with those same employees (a majority of whom likely identify as Christian) to give them the day off. In Christianity, Easter is the most important day in our faith. Without the ressurection, Jesus is just a nice guy who went around preaching.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
77Lipen
Registered Users

In Canada it's a bank holiday or union holiday, but everywhere else it's regular pay, and yet still grocery stores and box stores were closed...
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #7
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids

I am not sure what a crock holiday means. As far as stores being closed, I guess it depends on a lot of factors. Given the prevelance of Christianity in the U.S., it makes business sense to decrease your overhead by not paying employees on a day when you would expect lower customer turnout. And it hopefully builds good will with those same employees (a majority of whom likely identify as Christian) to give them the day off. In Christianity, Easter is the most important day in our faith. Without the ressurection, Jesus is just a nice guy who went around preaching.

I also didn't take any pics today. And I didn't make DD an Easter basket. She's young and doesn't know the difference, but after seeing everyone else's pictures on fb I feel kind of bad about it. We did try to paint eggs, but she just smashed them all so she could eat them. Oh well
Old 04-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bad day for a Bad Wax. lol. Any other Easter day fails!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post

Amen!
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote