Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #211
March's Avatar
March
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 2,535
We found out it was twins at our anatomy scan as well; we initially had a mono/di diagnosis but at a later scan were able to rule that out by finding the membrane separating the placentas.

I'm snuggling my little stowaway baby right now. Discovering twins at 16+ weeks was the biggest shock of my life, but she is definitely the best surprise I could have ever hoped for. She's perfect for our family. <3 And dh would never have approved of her name if I hadn't been freaking out on an ultrasound table about how we couldn't leave without a name.

Advertisement

March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #212
bai18176's Avatar
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 716
My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
And dh would never have approved of her name if I hadn't been freaking out on an ultrasound table about how we couldn't leave without a name.
Shoot, should have done that!
__________________
Brook, wife to D, mama of S('05), I('06), E('08), E ('11), Adella & Bria (4/16/13)
bai18176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #213
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,348
My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
We found out it was twins at our anatomy scan as well; we initially had a mono/di diagnosis but at a later scan were able to rule that out by finding the membrane separating the placentas.

I'm snuggling my little stowaway baby right now. Discovering twins at 16+ weeks was the biggest shock of my life, but she is definitely the best surprise I could have ever hoped for. She's perfect for our family. <3 And dh would never have approved of her name if I hadn't been freaking out on an ultrasound table about how we couldn't leave without a name.
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #214
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,348
My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Did anyone have their 20 week gender ultrasound scan earlier than 20 weeks (if you knew you were having twins before the ultrasound)? It seems like some twin mama's have them at 16, 17, and 18 weeks, and a few at 20. Just curious!
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #215
March's Avatar
March
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 2,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176

Shoot, should have done that!
Lol!!
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #216
GEMQEMCABOOSE's Avatar
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Beautiful Tennessee
Posts: 3,548
My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
Did anyone have their 20 week gender ultrasound scan earlier than 20 weeks (if you knew you were having twins before the ultrasound)? It seems like some twin mama's have them at 16, 17, and 18 weeks, and a few at 20. Just curious!
Our OB insists on an ultrasound at each visit for multiples . The upshot of that is that our next appointment is at 15w 5d, and we will likely be able to see the goods then. We will still have THE BIG US at 20 weeks, but since we are in there earlier, why not try and see who's there? That's how we will likely know earlier than 20 weeks.
__________________
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #217
kricket24's Avatar
kricket24
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 403
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily
Did anyone have their 20 week gender ultrasound scan earlier than 20 weeks (if you knew you were having twins before the ultrasound)? It seems like some twin mama's have them at 16, 17, and 18 weeks, and a few at 20. Just curious!
We did an elective u/a at a place with a 100% track record for determining gender at 16 weeks 3 days. We had the genetic testing of the embryos done but I wanted to make sure and I was impatient to find out!
__________________
~Kristen~ Married to my & Airman James (01/03)
Mommy to Dakota (4/03), Colton (6/09) and Twincesses, Keira & Katelyn (7/13)
kricket24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #218
kricket24's Avatar
kricket24
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 403
My Mood:
So I had a nice talk with a family advocacy nurse today on the base. I originally called her to ask about breast pumps and even though she couldn't help with that, I'm soo glad I called her. We got to chatting and I mentioned I wasn't totally thrilled with the care I'd received so far from my OB practice. I said I thought it was because I had a midwife with my last pregnancy and was really spoiled. She asked why I wasn't seeing a midwife for this pregnancy and I told her because every midwife I'd contacted said they couldn't see me with twins. She said I could always switch practices if I wanted which I already knew. I told her I just kept going to my current practice hoping to meet an OB I really liked. But after I got off the phone I started thinking about it and decided to call her back and ask for a list of other practices I could go to because I'm only 21 weeks so its not too late to switch. She said she was really glad I called because she had just talked to another twin mom from the base who had switched to a practice at 30 weeks that had midwives and was actually delivered by a midwife at a really nice hospital that also happened to have a level III NICU. (The hospital I would currently deliver at only has a level II special care nursery that I wasn't very impressed with.) So needless to say I'm really excited about this new prospect and even possibly avoiding a c-section!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies that this works out!
__________________
~Kristen~ Married to my & Airman James (01/03)
Mommy to Dakota (4/03), Colton (6/09) and Twincesses, Keira & Katelyn (7/13)
kricket24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #219
danigrace05's Avatar
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vance, Alabama
Posts: 6,664
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24
So I had a nice talk with a family advocacy nurse today on the base. I originally called her to ask about breast pumps and even though she couldn't help with that, I'm soo glad I called her. We got to chatting and I mentioned I wasn't totally thrilled with the care I'd received so far from my OB practice. I said I thought it was because I had a midwife with my last pregnancy and was really spoiled. She asked why I wasn't seeing a midwife for this pregnancy and I told her because every midwife I'd contacted said they couldn't see me with twins. She said I could always switch practices if I wanted which I already knew. I told her I just kept going to my current practice hoping to meet an OB I really liked. But after I got off the phone I started thinking about it and decided to call her back and ask for a list of other practices I could go to because I'm only 21 weeks so its not too late to switch. She said she was really glad I called because she had just talked to another twin mom from the base who had switched to a practice at 30 weeks that had midwives and was actually delivered by a midwife at a really nice hospital that also happened to have a level III NICU. (The hospital I would currently deliver at only has a level II special care nursery that I wasn't very impressed with.) So needless to say I'm really excited about this new prospect and even possibly avoiding a c-section!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies that this works out!
Woot! I'm nekkid dancing and crossing fingers for lovely new midwives!
__________________
~Danielle~ Wife to Christian Mom to Luke 7 Years Old and Malorie Elise 5 Years Old and Twin Girls Harper & Everleigh born August '13 after a tubal reversal and ectopic pregnacy/tube removal
danigrace05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #220
bai18176's Avatar
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 716
My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

That sounds like a nice new option for you Kristen!
__________________
Brook, wife to D, mama of S('05), I('06), E('08), E ('11), Adella & Bria (4/16/13)
bai18176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.