Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

POAS recently? Where is the awesome digi shot?

Still super excited.

Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #22
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hubs is still in shock/stress mode, teen looped it and it's a long, sitcom/drama worthy story, didnt think to buy digitals since I've just been comparing the darkness of my frer, wm and DT lines...today's progression:

Look how badly the DT are...crazy making!

Nursing @ iPhone using DS Forum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-672786943.jpg
Views:	1036
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	138862   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2190766714.jpg
Views:	1974
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	138863   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4126840670.jpg
Views:	994
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	138865   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2570795865.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	138866  
Old 04-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar
Hubs is still in shock/stress mode, teen looped it and it's a long, sitcom/drama worthy story, didnt think to buy digitals since I've just been comparing the darkness of my frer, wm and DT lines...today's progression:

I totally DESPISE DT tests! Beautiful progression on the WM & FRERs!!!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
sassybean
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Bfn to bfp 9dpo/11dpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar View Post

oooohhhhh how we love a good story....
*For all the people out there who say "Why buy the cow when the milk is free" here's a little news flash for ya...80% of women today are against marriage, why, because they realize it's not worth buying a whole pig just to get a little sausage!*
sassybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #25
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nice lines momma!! Gotta love the way teens keep it lively!!
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #26
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh alright...i'll dish mainly to somewhat cope with the trauma...lol.

easter sunday all i wanted to do was stay home with my kids and make the dinner i'd bought. ive been feeling very apprehensive about the pregnancy and hubs not being excited and being afraid to tell the teen, or anyone for that matter...just makes me feel reclusive. our good friend invited us last minute to her house for an egg hunt and dinner, and hubs really wanted to go...i think mainly to get out of his head a bit and away from my hormonal crazy self...also, i knew there would be drinking and i wasn't ready to explain anything to anyone.

i conceded to go, and so we went. it was all going fairly well until i decided to help slice the potatoes on the new mandoline slicer my friend bought. i have never used one and got all cocky slicing the first potato. in less than a minute i sliced a huge piece of my right ring fingertip and nail off. it didn't hurt but it immediately started gushing blood. i have cut myself many, many times in the kitchen so im no stranger...but i knew this one was bad. and everyone was looking and it was just totally the icing on the cake.

in the bathroom, i surveyed the damage and thought to myself that it was worthy of an ER visit. i called hubs into the room w/ me and he was being less than sympathetic and actually acted annoyed with me. i was lightheaded and sweaty and felt so nauseous...anyway, the teen stayed in the bathroom with me and we were finally alone. i had been bursting at the seams to tell her for days since she and i are very close and i knew she'd be sad (she doesn't love having 4 toddler siblings) and so much is going great in her life, i just didnt know how to say it. as we sat there, i just looked up and blurted out, 'i'm pregnant!'

she immediately began to cry and then unexpectedly jumped up and ran out of the bathroom and found hubs and yelled at him and pretty much announced my pregnancy to the entire party. many people there are friends, but some weren't and only the hostess is close enough for me to feel like sharing that news...so needless to say i was mortified. but too faint to stand up and do anything about it. it was a nightmare.

of course everyone was chill about it, but i can only imagine the stories they'll tell others about the dramarama easter my family provided them. we are usually a very happy, mellow family with your usual dose of turmoil, but this really took the cake and i was soooooo regretful i agreed to go.

so yah, there ya have it. chopped off my finger and announced my pregnany impromptu all in about 5 minutes. go me.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #27
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

How is your finger? Becky I am so sorry that had to be terrible. It sucks when your gut says don't go and it turns out worse than you had expected.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #28
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry it wasn't a great evening for you and for everything that happened. That's tough! . Hope your finger heals well but also hoping your family situation becomes happy and carefree again!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #29
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
How is your finger? Becky I am so sorry that had to be terrible. It sucks when your gut says don't go and it turns out worse than you had expected.
it's not as bad as i thought, once the bleeding stopped. i did shave the top of my finger off, like half the nail and some soft part...its way better than it looked at first tho.

and im saying this all tongue in cheek. i can stand back and see the humor in it all now. it was bad while it happened, but now my teenager is in the know and we can move forward. she's a strong girl and she is my closest ally, and that wont change. now to work on hubs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
I'm sorry it wasn't a great evening for you and for everything that happened. That's tough! . Hope your finger heals well but also hoping your family situation becomes happy and carefree again!
thanks. i know it will all be ok.

Last edited by beckstar; 04-01-2013 at 05:14 PM.
beckstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well it is what it is and hopefully if he's logical like my DH, he'll see that point...it is what it is and only he can change how he's seeing this and how he feels about it. Nothing can be done except to celebrate a new life!