Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #21
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A child purposely peeing in bed at night

If you need something portable, in the pull-ups aisle, there are disposable bed pads too.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #22
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A child purposely peeing in bed at night

Here are pics of what pad I made for her. It has PUL on the bottom, terry cloth in the middle, and flannel on top. It seems like it will really soak up everything. It is about 45"x36" (give or take a few). This is #1 of a minimum for 5. It is hard to sew when I have a cranky baby. I told DD that she HAD to help me with DS2 so I can make these for her. I am hoping to be done with all 5 by the end of next week. I need at least 3 to make sure she has one every night (I wash diapers every other day).

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #23
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: A child purposely peeing in bed at night Pics #22

Good work mama! It looks very neat and seems like it will do the job well.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #24
MamaVeronica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, that is super cute! I hope it works!
MamaVeronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #25
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

They make those we called them chucks in the nursing I worked at.

I'm glad you hopefully found a solution we used.to use a few on peoples bed who moved around a lot ...

Another option or back up is to use make a couple layers of cheap waterproof table cloth then a sheet then another table cloth another sheet.

Then you just peel a layer off the bed at night but don't have to make it again.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using DS Forum
Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 AM   #26
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well after sewing 3 pads and waking her up twice a night, it still is not working. DH and I have been waking her up consistently twice a night. Me around 12/1 and DH at 4am when he gets up. And she has had one 5 days of staying dry, one 3 days and one 2 days of staying dry. And that is it.

Tues night (Wed AM actually) I woke her up at 12:30am and she was dry. She went to the bathroom and she peed a LOT. I was so happy because this would have been day 4 of staying dry. Then when DH went at 4am, she was soaked. He said she was awake waiting for him.

So last night was another day 1. I was super tired so I did not get to her until 2am. And she was awake waiting for me and had been awake waiting for me the whole time. Which means instead of getting up to pee, she peed in her bed waiting for me to take her to the bathroom.

I fully admit I am so angry right now. Why does she think it is ok to pee in her bed? Why is it so hard for her to get up to pee? When did it become ok to pee in her bed while awake? Why is that the norm?

I did take her to the doctor and she suggested that her constipation may be is what causing her to pee at night but only when she is asleep. When she has accidents when she is asleep, it is only a small amount. She releases her full bladder when she is awake. So she is on Miralax until she empties out. But I doubt that is her problem.

She does not see a therapist until next Wed. I did take her to see my therapist 2 weeks ago and we came up with the idea to turn her movie back on. (it repeats constantly and is background noise to her) It hasn't helped.

I am about ready to make her sleep in the bathtub because I can't handle this anymore.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #27
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: A child purposely peeing in bed at night Update #26

I haven't read the whole thread so if this is already suggested I'm sorry. Do you limit drinks before bed? We cut DS off two hours before bed and make sure to take him potty right before he lays down.
I can imagine that it is super frustrating. We've had some potty training regression since little sister was born about three weeks ago but not quite like your situation. And I totally get angry about it which doesn't help. The only thing that has really helped me keep my cool most days with it is waking up and saying "Today will be a good day, no potty accidents."
Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #28
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: A child purposely peeing in bed at night Update #26

From the latest update, if she is peeing while awake, I think it's psychologist time. For whatever reason, she is choosing not to get out of bed. I think it's time for someone to talk to her about what that reason might be.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #29
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

Can u put a kiddie potty next to her bed so she leant have to leave the room? What about rewarding dry nights?

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #30
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

Is she 100% responsible for taking care of changing sheets? If not, I would start that immediately. Make her strip the bed, put the linens on to wash, along with her wet pjs, and I would go as far as to make her bathe or shower right then and there. Make it way harder to deal with cleaning up her mess than it is to just get up and pee. I would supervise and make sure she does it but not lift a finger to help.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote