Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post

The only sort of negative thing I see (if you could call it that) is that our son has very little patience for anything passive. Sitting and reading is not something that does or ever has interested him. Even as a newborn he would get bored listening to me read aloud, and most nights we are lucky to get through 3 or 4 pages of a story before he jumps up and wants to do something. That comes from hubby.
My daughter knew how to turn pages when she was 3 months. Loved books. We have at least 150 board books.
My son though... he wouldn't sit through a page. His favorite sport was to see how quickly he could rip the book from my hand and throw it. It upset me a little.

He is now 21 months and he sat through his first real book, an abridged version of Peter Rabbit, for the first time a month ago. Peter Rabbit is good by the way, because it has action, tension and opportunity for drama. Anyway, sometimes my son brings me books now. The first time he brought me a book 3 months ago, I became a little teary-eyed.

Your son will come around.

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: S/O: character traits your child(ren) inherited

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
My daughter knew how to turn pages when she was 3 months. Loved books. We have at least 150 board books.
My son though... he wouldn't sit through a page. His favorite sport was to see how quickly he could rip the book from my hand and throw it. It upset me a little.

He is now 21 months and he sat through his first real book, an abridged version of Peter Rabbit, for the first time a month ago. Peter Rabbit is good by the way, because it has action, tension and opportunity for drama. Anyway, sometimes my son brings me books now. The first time he brought me a book 3 months ago, I became a little teary-eyed.

Your son will come around.
"They imploooooooooored Peter to exert himself!" was everyone's favourite line growing up . It's still my favourite line in a children's book.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam's mum View Post

"They imploooooooooored Peter to exert himself!" was everyone's favourite line growing up . It's still my favourite line in a children's book.
It's funny, my daughter's favorite line was "Stop Thief!" (vigorous fist shaking) and my son's is "...but Peter, who was very naughty (finger wagging), ran straight to Mr. Macgregor's garden and squeeeeeezed (body scrunch) under the gate!" High drama, haha.

Old Bea never had kids but somehow really nailed it.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: S/O: character traits your child(ren) inherited

My son is only 14 months to but has a fierce personality and is easily bored. These are unfortunately traits that he has inherited from my dear younger sister.

He is also incredibly impatient...a trait that he unfortunately inherited from me.

On top of all of these intense traits he smiles so easily. Not so sure where that came from but it makes up for all the others in a heartbeat. LOVE that crazy little man .

He looks exactly like my husband but is NOTHING like him. My husband is patient, calm, and not stubborn at all.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Small noses from me

Hubby long weyre lashes and from grandpa from hub on baby boy had long fingers and toes. Oldest like hubby naive on how some Erik take you for granted so you have to be careful on who your help.