Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #11
davidsgirl777
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I asked my OB since she would be there in the OR. This is if I don't go in labor before my scheduled section.
I'm allowed my own clothes as long as they can access everything without struggling. Baby will be placed on my chest after section. I asked head of anesthesia if I was allowed to have one a free. They were ok with that. But still preferred someone actually hold baby on my chest incase I'm too shakey or sick.
It never hurts to ask! good luck

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #12
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bring your own gown?

I had baby skin to skin on my chest in the OR while they finished sewing me up- and she was able to latch and nurse while we were still there!

I did wear the hospital provided gown during the surgery- they did require it due to sterility and said my gown would most likely get stained due to the betadine prep they paint all over your belly, then blood, etc- it's just messy :-)

Once I was in my room, I changed into the gown I made.

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I had my own gown in with my 2nd csection (not planned). With the 3rd I wore the hospital gown (actually has easier access with the snaps across both shoulders). I held the baby in the OR this time. The curtain was too close to my head for me to feel comfy putting the baby on my chest, so I just held him with hubby "spotting"

Eta: I asked my OB

Last edited by joeslittlewoman; 04-03-2013 at 03:40 PM.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
becca71178
Registered Users

I think you can wear the Pretty Pushers Gown for a c-section, like PP mentioned I'd ask the Dr or hospital.

Love the gowns by the way, they make you feel cute and not like you are wearing a mumu.
becca71178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #15
HickChick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brought my own stuff. Makes you feel human lol. Although during/immediately after surgery I had to wear the fabulous hospital gown. Maybe call & ask beforehand? Good luck!
HickChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
stephasauri
Registered Users
seller

I've wanted to make myself a hospital gown out of cute fabric, but have never gotten around to it and have since had 3 kiddos. I say go for it!
stephasauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #17
MaryInPinedale
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually preferred to be nude while in surgery with my last 2 c-sections. The gown really just felt like it was in the way the whole time with my first. As soon as I got the spinal block and was laying down the nurses did a quick change of placing several warm blankets on me and pulling the gown out from underneath the blankets. They are really good at it and I never felt exposed. Once surgery is done, they move you to a clean bed and right away give you fresh clean blankets- again, the nurses are experts at this and do it without exposing you. While in the recovery room they stick the little tabs all over your body so they can monitor you. It was really nice to not have a gown in the way here either. I was able to nurse my babies in the recovery room and snuggle with them.
I would definitely call and ask if you wear your own clothes during surgery. Just know that they will get dirty. Make sure they are easy to remove if they need to take them off after surgery because they are dirty. I wore my own clothes after surgery.
MaryInPinedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
Fantastick
Registered Users
seller

I brought my own gown and put on on Day 2. Day 1 I wore a button in the front comfortable nightgown.
Fantastick is offline   Reply With Quote