Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
New Here would like some advice....or thoughts.

So EDD Nov 23/24...I've been stalking
I lost our last one at 13.5 weeks- no warning. Had had previous US which showed normal growth, etc. I have a doppler, at 13 weeks I listened one night and HB was about 190 which was about 30 pts higher than usual. It freaked me out so the next day I listened again and there was no HB. The baby had passed. The chromosomes were normal, but they said possibly part of the brain wasn't developing correctly- things are hard to see that small so I dunno. But anyway...

I called to talk to my dr the other day just about if she thought things would go any differently with this pregnancy, etc after what happened the last time. Anyway, She wouldn't talk to me on the phone, she wants me to come in, so I made an appt next week at 6 weeks. I usually don't see her until 10 weeks. I can't decide what I want. do I WANT an early US to see HB and ease some anxiety? I'm not sure. With my last living child, we had a 6 week US that showed triplets all with HB's. At our 8 week peri appt we had only one baby- 2 babies were the vanishing twin thing. If we'd waited we would have never known about that whole fiasco which ended up complicating the entire pregnancy with severe anxiety for me. I just dunno. WWYD?

Advertisement

athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: New Here would like some advice....or thoughts.

We had a loss in Nov at 10 weeks. Went in for our first u/s and baby was measuring WAY behind. Blood draws confirmed dropping numbers. So for me, the first u/s is the terrifying part right now. But I still want one. I won't get one til at least 8 weeks because of my insurance, but that's still early. I just need to know one way or the other. Being in limbo is scary.

I would do it, just to see. If you're worried about seeing multiples that may not stick around again, maybe ask her not to show you the screen ?? Just have her do it for HER ??

And if it wasn't obvious already, I'm very excited to be doing this with you again. A familiar face makes it even more exciting. We're only do a day or 2 apart too
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I really can't get excited about this one. When someone asks me that knows about the pregnancy if I'm pregnant, I usually say automatically, "For now." Right now I don't really see a BABY at the end of this. I just can't seem to grasp the reality of it.
Cautiously expecting #5
Old 03-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I lost my last at 16 weeks so I know how you feel. The ultrasound the week before showed a perfectly healthy baby. Anyways, I would get get the early ultrasound and tell them not to show you the screen.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree is you do decide to get a u/s. maybe just have the dr/tech look and let you know if the pregnancy is health. Ask not to know the ## because of what happened the last time.

good luck
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're here for you mama. I think alot of us have the same worries about our own pregnancies, too. I'm having that 'off' feeling about this pregnancy, but have my first ultrasound Friday. I'm feeling anxious, nervous, excited, and terrified all at the same time for it. One day at a time.
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would want to know what was happening in my body even if it caused me hurt later. I completely understand feeling anxious and worrying about it too. You are in my prayers.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would want to know what was happening in my body even if it caused me hurt later. I completely understand feeling anxious and worrying about it too. You are in my prayers.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well decided to get one but wait til 7 weeks we will see!
Cautiously expecting #5
Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Turns out because of a fair amt of abdominal pain my midwife is a bit freaked (more so than me even) so I am getting a 6 week ultra-sound on Monday (about 6weeks 2 days). Thanks for posting this so if there are multiples I know they may not all stick around.

Good Luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote