Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #81
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: August 2013 chat ~ April 1-6 ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Hah that's how I am. I'm like, yay for the a/s on monday, but then I'd like to not see you guys for a couple months. I'm dreading the week to week appts.

And LOL at the psycho bird

Oh hey ladies can I get some quick prayers and thoughts for my H, he's at a job interview
Wishing you and your dh good luck and prayers.

Finally done with school. It seemed to drag today but that could be because I got a late start getting everyone going. Now lunch and errands. I have a few stops to make like a new gymnastics leo for Afton, the dang girl is going through a growth spurt, and need to renew the plates on my car. Hate to spend out all that money for a sticker on my car but at least I won't have to worry about it for another year. Oh yes, stopping my staples for some much need school supplies. We are completely out.

Advertisement

Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #82
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621

We didn't have this issue (except occassionally with naps) with DD until we got her in her bunk beds nearly 2 weeks ago. Before that she was in her crib and we have a strict "no sleeping in the bed with mama and daddy unless EXTREMELY sick and mama is worried about temps getting too high" policy. We only have that because DS will start going into seizures when his temp is around 102 and DD starts throwing up everywhere at about the same temp, so rather than be up and down when they get sick like that I just put them in the bed with me. At least I get some sleep that way.

We were going to give her another week or two anyway before trying to transition DS into her room. I thought about just putting him down for naps to do that for a few weeks and then moving him completely after that. You may be right though about DS not helping since she won't let DH put her to bed or lay down with her either. We've tried that.

The only other idea I've thought about is putting the baby gate up in her room so that she can't get out at all and just dealing with the crying. I've tried not laying down with her, but after 10 or 15 min. of crying she'll get out and come find me. If the baby gate is up then both of us will be less likely to cave. kwim? I just feel bad about doing that. Feels like toddler prison to me, which I know is stupid. I really wonder if this isn't her way of starting to "act out" because of the baby on the way. Suddenly my belly is getting much bigger. We didn't have any problems out of her with DS was born, but I really don't think she quite understood what was going on at the time. She was 15 m. old. I have a sneaky feeling that we'll have more problems out of her this time around since she already knows that once mama has a baby they don't go away. It's only been about a week or so of doing this, but I want to nip it in the bud before it gets too far and it becomes much more of a struggle to get her to stop.
My son has seizures too : (
How old is she again? Maybe I thought she was older
Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #83
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I've blocked out those yrs of crazy bed times with our girls! I remember it being a pita though!! I am so grateful that my son is easy easy to go down for naps and bedtime. I am praying that this one will be the same. We used a gate too. I am sure she will settle down after the new wears off. FX!

Boo for the dead car battery!!! That stinks after a long night of peeing yourself. lol j/k I hope you get that under control mama!

So I just found out that my little brother, (almost 10) might have asperger's. I know it's not horrible, but still. Just one more thing for my dad and his wife that are struggling right now with so many other things.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #84
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
I've blocked out those yrs of crazy bed times with our girls! I remember it being a pita though!! I am so grateful that my son is easy easy to go down for naps and bedtime. I am praying that this one will be the same. We used a gate too. I am sure she will settle down after the new wears off. FX!

Boo for the dead car battery!!! That stinks after a long night of peeing yourself. lol j/k I hope you get that under control mama!

So I just found out that my little brother, (almost 10) might have asperger's. I know it's not horrible, but still. Just one more thing for my dad and his wife that are struggling right now with so many other things.
ROFL <3 It is so true. I seriously don't remember the whole peeing when I sneeze/cough until much later in pregnancy.

I'm sorry about your little brother, too <3 We haven't had dd tested or labeled, but we've suspected it with her for a few years (she's 7). Also, remember, just because he gets labeled, doesn't mean it changes anything for them. They have already been living with him and know his behavior and how he functions.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #85
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

AmberP - If you have never been to Key West I suggest that you go in a normal time just to see it. Bourbon street is a bit hard to digest, but Duval street (Key West) is a WHOLE different animal! I haven't been back since I became a mother. I really should do it one day. New Orleans I have no desire to ever see again. It traumatized me enough when I was 16.

Sorry about the asthma attack! I hope they are few and far between! Good luck getting to the MW on Monday too! At the rate you are going you might go at the same time as my next OB appointment (the 24).

Oh I would be REALLY mad if a bird did that to either of our cars! I have a bird phobia as it is so that wouldn't help! Thankfully (though I rarely think that) we have several stray cats in the neighborhood. I think that discourages that type of bird behavior!

Tris - Prayers for your DH! I can't imagine not going to the OB any less frequently then I am this month! I am impressed that you can all be that casual about it. I waiting for a week when I know Nathaniel will have me on near oxygen because of a growth spurt. That is is what his brother did anyway. I think that is why we went looking for houses then. I did promise DH today that I will not go looking for another house.

missydawn - Our schooling was dragging today too. I don't know what got into DS today. I went to get my car inspected yesterday. DH needed the minivan to get the dresser (photo is up on my blog today if you want to see it) and the car needed to be inspected. So I switched cars with him while he was at work. The inspection here in New Jersey is such a joke! Every 2 years we go in and every 2 years they test for less and less! This time they put a thing in that snapshot diagnostic port left it in there for a minute, then tested the gas cap and sent me on my way. The first time I had the car inspected (2005 when we moved to NJ) they got mad at me for having a chip in the housing of the side mirror! He said that it could cause someone to get injured from it. I said to him "If someone rubs up against my car they better get injured!!" He suggested that I put duck tape on it. I told him that if I wanted to put duck tape on my car, I wouldn't have purchased a Toyota! At that he let me go. At least the inspection is free here in Jersey. I have to get my drivers license renewed this month too but that should only be $25 plus about 2 hours of my life.

Andbabymakes2 - Sorry to hear about your brother however I am delighted to see someone else who has a 9 year old sibling on here! My youngest sister is 9 years old. Birthday is 9/10, though I think with the time difference from where she was born it would be 9/11. We celebrate on 9/10. BIL has asbergers. It doesn't mean they can't have a normal functional life... unless he has the crazy mother to go along with it like poor BIL has. Look up helicopter parent and I am sure you will see a 8X10 glossy framed photo of MIL when it comes to BIL.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #86
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
ROFL <3 It is so true. I seriously don't remember the whole peeing when I sneeze/cough until much later in pregnancy.

I'm sorry about your little brother, too <3 We haven't had dd tested or labeled, but we've suspected it with her for a few years (she's 7). Also, remember, just because he gets labeled, doesn't mean it changes anything for them. They have already been living with him and know his behavior and how he functions.
Hey- i've already been dealing with the fear of peeing myself much earlier in this pg. Prob due to a much weakened muscles..

I'm not really sad, as much as I am concerned with how they handle him from this point out. I hate the idea of drugging kids all the time. I hope they can adjust some things in his life to help him learn a bit easier at school, and at home. I'm sure he'll be fine though.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #87
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't heard of any drugs helping aspergers. I think I would have heard about it too because my inlaws (say) they are willing to do anything to get BIL to move out. He is 28 years old and living at home. I personally think that he will never move out.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #88
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Jennifer- yeah- my dad remarried a few months after dh and I got married. She was pg at our wedding, lol. Samuel (my bro, not my baby) will be 10 in Dec, and his sister will be 9 in January. Step mom is a yr older..
Old 04-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #89
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We will be in the process of a complete diet overhaul for my LO to try and improve symptoms. We were doing really well until I got pregnant and started eating things that I shouldn't be eating and bringing them into the house o_O Bad mommy!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #90
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

working on some small/med cabled longies today =)