Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #11
babysniffles
Registered Users

Re: April HS Weight Loss Thread

Hi! I'm trying to lose 20 lbs from my last baby, so I'd like to hop on this thread too. My starting weight after I had the baby was 155, and I'm holding steady at 151 for the last month or so, so 16 lbs to go.

Advertisement

babysniffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mom7 View Post
Yep, me too. I think the only thing helping me right now is that most fruits ad veggies are 0 points. I'm trying to snack on those but I have nights that I'm staying up late trying to finish my work or just tired and I'll eat an entire box of WW desserts. I track the points but it ain't pretty!

AFM: Today was exciting! Got on the scale and I had entered a new "zip code" but just barely! SW was 173.0 on Jan 1st, CW this morning was 159.0! I was planning on eating out for lunch today but changed my mind because I know it would have bumped me back up
That's awesome! I want to see that zip code! I was doing awesome today until I found that Snickers in the bottom of my purse. All of a sudden I look down and have an empty wrapper in my hand and I'm thinking, did I just eat that whole thing.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse View Post
That's awesome! I want to see that zip code! I was doing awesome today until I found that Snickers in the bottom of my purse. All of a sudden I look down and have an empty wrapper in my hand and I'm thinking, did I just eat that whole thing.
i'd like to see that zip code too!
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
Hi!

May I join you? I'm homeschooling three kids and have two littles as well. I really like the idea of a homeschool weight loss thread since I know we can all sympathize with one another regarding kids home 24/7 and only little bits of "me time" here and there.

Well, I don't even know my current weight, because I don't own a scale! I think I weigh around 180, so I'll just go with that for now.

Stats:
5'4"
CW: ~180
GW: 145

I've never been much of a dieter. Diets seem all kinds of wrong to me; I just want to make lifestyle changes that work. In any case, I'm going to try counting calories and other nutritional information using one of the online trackers for a change. My first goals are to up my protein and start cardio. I was inspired by this post from last month's thread:

I have a couple questions for you, if you read this. Did you add calories to your calculations because you are nursing. I'm nursing an eight-month-old and a two-year-old. I wonder if I should add 500 calories or so to the calculations given on that page. Also, do you have any tips regarding weight equipment at home on a budget?
Welcome! I started the year counting calories and have tried it several times in the past. Where it failed me was the protein. I'm a carbaholic and was eating most of my calories in carbs so I think you are wise to focus on high protein. Not sure about nursing calories but 500 does seem reasonable. I'd also like to do some weight training at home but I'm waiting until I hit a plateau to start. So far I've continued losing 2ish pounds a week with diet alone so I haven't started exercising yet. Baby steps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysniffles View Post
Hi! I'm trying to lose 20 lbs from my last baby, so I'd like to hop on this thread too. My starting weight after I had the baby was 155, and I'm holding steady at 151 for the last month or so, so 16 lbs to go.
Welcome! I've never broken out of the 150's since having kids and my kids aren't all that young I'm hoping to see the 140's in another month or two and that would be a major victory! My ultimate goal is to be around 135. I was super tiny about 10 years ago but I hardly recognize myself these days. Back then I though 135 was heavy
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #15
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mom7 View Post
Welcome! I started the year counting calories and have tried it several times in the past. Where it failed me was the protein. I'm a carbaholic and was eating most of my calories in carbs so I think you are wise to focus on high protein. Not sure about nursing calories but 500 does seem reasonable. I'd also like to do some weight training at home but I'm waiting until I hit a plateau to start. So far I've continued losing 2ish pounds a week with diet alone so I haven't started exercising yet. Baby steps!
So, did counting calories not work for you at all, or was it just that you noticed you ate way too many carbs? I have a tendency to do that, too, especially when I'm tired, which is frequent. So far I've eaten 115 grams of protein today. I'd like to up that even more. So far I'm just making small adjustments to my diet. As you say, baby steps.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

I need to lose some pregnancy weight too! I'm still nursing my 9 month old but would love to drop 20 pounds or so. Anyway, what I want to share is that I did the diabetic diet a couple years ago for three months only and dropped 15 pounds! I was never hungry and had great energy too! What you do is eat as if you had diabetes . I went online and printed tons of diabetic recipes and learned how to cook and eat for diabetics. I shed the weight super fast. Its easy bc all you do is eat, no counting calories (I didnt even work out- so if you do you may lose more). In a nutshell it's very little carbs and bread, more protein and veggies, little sugar (use honey instead). The type of food is filling reducing the binge eating and hunger pains and gives energy to be more active. Maybe this info will work for another mama here? I should do it again. I just feel too busy right now since we just moved and I cook just easy and kid friendly right now. But I'm ready to lose some weight! Summers around the corner!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #17
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah View Post
So, did counting calories not work for you at all, or was it just that you noticed you ate way too many carbs? I have a tendency to do that, too, especially when I'm tired, which is frequent. So far I've eaten 115 grams of protein today. I'd like to up that even more. So far I'm just making small adjustments to my diet. As you say, baby steps.
Yes, way too many carbs. I'm not big on dairy or meat so I have to make a conscious effort to eat protein.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designsbybequi View Post
I need to lose some pregnancy weight too! I'm still nursing my 9 month old but would love to drop 20 pounds or so. Anyway, what I want to share is that I did the diabetic diet a couple years ago for three months only and dropped 15 pounds! I was never hungry and had great energy too! What you do is eat as if you had diabetes . I went online and printed tons of diabetic recipes and learned how to cook and eat for diabetics. I shed the weight super fast. Its easy bc all you do is eat, no counting calories (I didnt even work out- so if you do you may lose more). In a nutshell it's very little carbs and bread, more protein and veggies, little sugar (use honey instead). The type of food is filling reducing the binge eating and hunger pains and gives energy to be more active. Maybe this info will work for another mama here? I should do it again. I just feel too busy right now since we just moved and I cook just easy and kid friendly right now. But I'm ready to lose some weight! Summers around the corner!!!
Welcome! I've tried it in the past and lost weight as well. Since I love carbs so much I always ended up going back to eating them and started gaining weight when I did. I have some family members that are able to eat this way as a lifestyle and have a lot of success with it. I wish I had more self control to do it but I just love sweets and carbs too much!

AFM: I had weigh in yesterday and lost 2.2 pounds last week. So that's a total of 9 since joining WW (I've been on the plan for 5 weeks). Some people at the meetings are losing more like 5 pounds a week but that's not happening for me. I'm also not exercising and I do eat my extra weekly points so that is probably why. I plan to add exercise in but right now everyone in my house has terrible allergies. We're all drugged out on Benedryl because the daytime stuff hasn't been working
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote