Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #91
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2
Jennifer- yeah- my dad remarried a few months after dh and I got married. She was pg at our wedding, lol. Samuel (my bro, not my baby) will be 10 in Dec, and his sister will be 9 in January. Step mom is a yr older..
Eek! That has to be a little strange for you.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #92
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: August 2013 chat ~ April 1-6 ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post

yeah, It's kinda eeewww factor, but my dad is only 18yrs my senior. It'd be if he was older.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #93
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry to change the subject but tomorrow is the big day in this house. 20week US
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #94
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamiLEE View Post
Sorry to change the subject but tomorrow is the big day in this house. 20week US
Woot! =D I hope it is awesome for you guys.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #95
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks we r excited
Pink or blue????
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #96
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamiLEE
Woo hoo!! I'm excited for you guys. Enjoy :-)

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:36 AM   #97
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Jennifer- yeah- my dad remarried a few months after dh and I got married. She was pg at our wedding, lol. Samuel (my bro, not my baby) will be 10 in Dec, and his sister will be 9 in January. Step mom is a yr older..
Your dad is doing it differently then my father did. My father got remaried to wife #3 in 1998 and they tried for a bit on their own but didn't do any of the measures that I went through (IUI, IVF). Then dad decided that he didn't want risk having a little boy so they decided to adopt from China. So in 2002 they adopted my first sister at 10 months of age. She was my flower girl in my wedding in December 2003. Then after I lost my triplets, they decided to go back for another child as Dad was approaching the age where he couldn't adopt from China. So they adopted a waiting child in 2007. My sister was almost 4 when they adopted her so she would have been about 3 months old at my wedding had she been able to come. I think they did this on purpose but I am not sure.

I can say that when my father first told me that he was going to adopt, I was shocked! I went through all the "how can he do this to me?" type attitudes. Then I realized that he was only 21 when I was born (1 month over) and so I can't really blame him. His wife is right around his age and never had children of her own, so I could see wanting to have a child. Then after I met Jazmyn (my older younger sister) then I realized that she was family and that was it!

AmberP - Great job!! I should get back to my sewing next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post

- It isn't that strange when your in it. The hardest part for my DH has been not that he has SIL that are 9 and 11, but that I have SOOO many relatives because of the step and ex-step thing. For instance I have family in Louisiana that I am not related to anymore. They all like me better then their actual relation (this isn't saying much, my ex-step sister is a piece of work!) but still. I also have 3 dads, 3 grandmothers (living), and relations like that. My grandmother's half brother is my aunt's age. Sad story really, my great grandfather left his family in Yakima and went to Seattle to look for work. What he found was a new wife. My grandmother never forgave him. However this made it so her brother is the same age as her oldest child. It also made it so grandpa (who this baby will be named for) dated my great grandmother before dating my grandmother. Yeah my family is messed up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamiLEE View Post
Good luck today! I hope you get the color that you want!

AFM - I need to go grocery shopping for the week and spend only $28. Do you think I can do it? I don't have much on my list but it may be a stretch. DH got the paperwork from both consulting jobs yesterday so I think it is about to start. This weekend should be an easy one for us as I will do the $28 grocery shopping today. I started to make yogurt last night and I THINK I may have actually succeeded. First time I tried in the oven but if every Indian (from India) that I know tells me it is easy, then I assume that it is. My oncologist was even telling me I needed to make my own yogurt! I am also going to finish prepping my fabric today.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #98
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am back from grocery shopping in case anyone want to to know, I made the trip spending $30.01. Not quite my original goal but not bad. I needed to get: 4 chicken thighs (organic), 2 leaks, 1/2 lbs asparagus, 1/2 lbs mushrooms, 16 celery ribs, 1/2 lbs strawberries, 6 scallions, 3 inches of ginger, 1 lbs frozen peas, a banana, 2 bunches of collards, dried parsley, and non-GMO cornmeal. This will give us 3 dinners, a soup, and a dessert. That should be good for us for the week, provided I get creative for lunches and breakfasts.

I hope everyone else is doing well today. I can't believe it is so quiet here!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #99
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh. I think I have some hemorrhoids. I'm so bummed. Never had any with my 1st son, even after delivery, so I never thought it would happen to me mid-pregnancy.

Anyone else already producing colostrum? My 2yo is still nursing, and I think that's probably why he wants to nurse more, and for longer periods.

Does anyone here watch Call the Midwife? I've only seen the first couple episodes, but I'm already hooked! The perfect series to watch while you're pregnant. Just make sure you have some tissues on hand. I watch it on Netflix, but I think it's streaming on pbs.org also. ETA: This show does include loss, so if that's a topic you have a particularly hard time with, I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited by blessedwifenmama; 04-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.
blessedwifenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #100
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, my August '11 group is watching it too! Lol. I tried watching an episode last night but was too tired and Netflix was messing up.

I have to hit the grocery store tonight but I don't think I can get away with $28 lol.

Nothing going g on this weekend but cleaning hopefully.