Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #61
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: HS Check-In March 25-April 1

Today was a wonderful day, and although not much of it was in a traditional school setting we did a lot of learning! Well I guess we did do some of our basics this morning, but even those were done in my bed with a lot of play thrown in. Then DH gave them a lesson in roofing (our shed), we went on a nature walk where they showed me tons of signs of spring, and we had a cooking lesson. Now they are out changing the oil with DH. We're about to run out of daylight, but that's okay because this pregnant mama is about to run out of energy.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

today was an amazingly good day. I woke up feeling extremely blessed that I didn't have to rush my boys out the door at 6:30am to meet a cold and over-crowded school bus. We actually did all of our school work today!! I can't even say how surprised I am!! But wow..it was awesome! and we squeezed in a trip to the library. It was a peaceful trip, which was awesome. yep....it's been a good day!
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #63
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We got yesterday's school stuff done this morning and today's stuff done this afternoon. All in all a pretty good day. I think tomorrow we will try and read a few of the library books we have before having the meet and greet with his soccer coach in the afternoon.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #64
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

We had a great school day too!

I spoke with someone at a local charter school that just opened and it looks like they may allow HSers to participate in extracurricular activities If this works out, ds will probably be able to take an art class or a music class. I'd probably wait until fall, but I'm so excited for him.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #65
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
We had a great school day too!

I spoke with someone at a local charter school that just opened and it looks like they may allow HSers to participate in extracurricular activities If this works out, ds will probably be able to take an art class or a music class. I'd probably wait until fall, but I'm so excited for him.
That's awesome! We have a similar deal with the parochial school the girls went to before this year. The principal said we could take whatever classes we wanted and they would just charge us for the percentage of time we were there. Since we participate in the scrip program, we already had a $100 credit, so some of that money went to DD1 taking archery as part of PE. Next year DD1 will return, but I think we might pay for DD2 to participate in band if the schedule works out.

We can participate in all extra curriculars like scouts, sports, choir, etc.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #66
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah for all the good days!

It was a good day here too. We did all our regular stuff in the morning, then we had a camp out in the yard. I taught Keegan how to build a fire and he also practiced his sharp shooting by taking out an excess rooster. We played and had a great time, but no one slept very well so I'm expecting some crabbies today.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #67
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Retrieving this from the bottom of page 2!

We are about a month from finishing for the year. I CANNOT WAIT!!! We'll still do some work over the summer (primarily math facts and reading historical literature), but to be done with the regular stuff will be great!

I've started writing DD2's math. I'm sure that something I will regret in the future, but for right now I don't care. I just want her to get it done. If she works on her own, it takes 3 hours. If I write and keep her on track, it takes 20 minutes.

We've decided for sure that DD1 will return to school in the fall and the other 2 will stay home. I continue to pray that it's the right decision.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #68
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

We will be done May first!! I think I'm more excited than the kids.

School didn't go that we'll this morning, but that's one more day down. We worked on two digit subtraction. They have been doing two digit addition for a long time with no issues but it took forever to get them to understand two digit subtraction for some reason. I think that is our last new math concept for the year.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #69
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Today has been a great school day for us. Tharen is getting multiplication and enjoying it (he already sort of had the facts but now he understands why) and the boys are now sitting in the yard drawing and painting nature for science. When they finish Tharen will be done for the day, Kearnan will have a few more things to do. All in all the switch to CM has been a good one for us I think, everyone is just more comfortable and happier with what we are learning.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #70
a_marines_wife03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today I decided i would add up our hours. I have been logging hours even though we are not yet required to because DD is only 5. I logged this year because it is her kindergarten year and I wanted some sort of record of it. How ever I have no been adding up our time each week. So I went back through the hole year and we have logged 1,517 hours so far this year. we are over our time minimum that is required by the state. they only require 1,000 hours 600 being in the core subjects. The vast majority of our time is in core subjects. I did a online reading and math assessment for DD1 it said it was for kindergarten and first but I think its more for kindergarten may be beginning of the year first. She did really well with it and only missed one question on the hole thing and it was identifying the miss spelled word out of 4 words. the word was spelled luves so when she sounded it out it sounded like it was spelled correctly to her. other than that I think we did well this year. We are going to keep reviewing for the rest of the rest of the year and working on a few areas that I feel need refreshing and mastery. I am trying to figure out curriculum for next year. I still need first grade science and history and I need to do it on the cheep. Because we have to pay in on taxes. so there it is our day in a nutshell.

follow my blog: http://mommaof3-littlebits.blogspot.com/
If you have a product youd like me to blog about send me a message.
a_marines_wife03 is offline   Reply With Quote