Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #11
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Share progress on nursery??

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
Umm. . . I might have to buy a baby item first to show progress, LOL. We have nothing and I am not too worried about. I probably won't get into geting baby stuff ready until sometime this summer. Fourth baby not all that concern. My MIL on the other hand is freaking out we have nothing. So I suppose I will go look at cribs in the next month or so. Next on my list to get figured out is a carseat and diapers.
Bahaha, at least I'm not the only one.

We need to do a major baby stuff purge before ANYTHING else baby-related comes into this house.

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

^ I purged almost half of my baby boy clothes today. I plan on doing wool amost exclusively for diaper covers, so I got rid of most of our onesies and a whole bunch of heavier weight stuff since DS was a winter baby. I kept some cotton sleepers and anything with short sleeves.

ETA: This zippered bag was stuffed full of 0/3 stuff when I started:

Almost time to go to the Gymboree and Hanna outlets

Last edited by AmberP; 04-05-2013 at 06:02 PM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If/when we find out on Monday I'll go through our baby clothes up in the attic I'll wait until July for the rest though probably.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #14
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, not trying to thread hijack. Nursery prep for me right now = purging and making room for another human =D
Old 04-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, not trying to thread hijack. Nursery prep for me right now = purging and making room for another human =D
Old 04-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are as ready as can be for now. I have plenty of clothes for nb and 0-3 mos and I have all of our diapers. I need to buy a swing and a chest of drawers but I will do that closer to baby or maybe sooner if I find a deal For now, everything is packed up. We have our house on the market and hope to move into a different one before August, so everything has been pretty well purged (I still have some little boy clothes to sell off) and organized. We shall see. I have a bad feeling we'll sell our house and end up in some tiny rental when this one is born. It'll all work out though, right??

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #17
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

LOL, Amber, my son had that same striped sleeper.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, you are waaaaay ahead of me!

We are going to be moving in a couple months. Unsure of actual time/date, so sadly I can't make any nursery for baby right now. Heck, I don't even have a full box of items yet for baby EXCEPT cloth diapers! LOL! I did manage to get some stored up
Old 04-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #19
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Ok here's some pics. No nursery for this baby,so it was not a stretch, lol (keep in mind the TV will not be there when baby comes. This is a hand me down crib and dresser.

bedding I found at the goodwill.

left is our doorway (still w/o a door) and far right is the w/i closet that is open. I have a small lamp that will go on the dresser next to the crib, as will the wipes warmer. We won't be buying a changing pad since we have one in ds1's room already.

Since there's plenty of storage room under the crib I don't need to stuff the dresser. We are trying to be minimalists and I have a phobia of hanging things on the walls, lol. We will have a swing downstairs and I'll probably have a mini pnp that I can move around the main floor. That's it though. We have an extra changing table but prob won't use it.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #20
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No nursery here. Hell, no house right now (yes...our saga with the townhome continues...hopefully over soon). But - I will be doing a great room for DS when we finally get in there.

His crib will be in there (not ready for toddler bed yet...we tried that with disastrous effects), a floor bed (mostly for me to chill in there with him in early morning or evening), and figuring out toy storage that won't drive me nuts. And toy storage for a few toys downstairs. So that will be my big project before the baby gets here - to get big brother organized and happy!

We will probably set up the swing upstairs in our room, but no new bed for the baby since we bedshare for so long (the first year with DS, would have been longer if he wanted). Um....we have a changing table and all that. I will hopefully find a space for that downstairs. We don't have a great idea of the layout just yet.

Really, not much to do for the coming newb...just for big brother.