Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do with the stuff...

I have three baskets in the coat closet: donations, selling and returns. We keep out coats in bedroom closets and other gear in a bench in the entry way, so the coat closet it empty besides the baskets. Whenever a basket of donations get full, I take it to the car. If things don't sell within a few weeks, I'll move them to the donate basket.

Advertisement

~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #12
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
After I purged stuff from my closet, I ended up with a long, bare shelf. I store stuff up there until I have enough to donate. Last year, I could fill that shelf every week, but now it takes longer. It's so rewarding to see it all empty after donation day. Also, trash goes in our trash barrels ASAP.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #13
ClothDiaperFashionista
Registered Users
Formerly: azzmeg
seller

My Mood:

When we moved into our last home, I knew we would be there two years or less and wanted to have a big garage sale before the move. I put five boxes in the garage and labeled them: $5, $2, $1 under a dollar, and tbd (to be determined). Over the time we lived in the house, I would stick things in the appropriate box. Over time, the boxes for each amount of money multiplied. By the time I was ready to have the garage sale, a lot of the stuff was pre-sorted.

Now that we have moved I don't want to have another garage sale, so I have a single box in the garage for donation items. When it gets full I take drop it off at the donation center.
ClothDiaperFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
RachelC
Registered Users
seller

I have a little corner by my front door where I put stuff to donate. Seems like there's always something there by the end of the week. Then I get dh to take it to the car and whenever we drive by a goodwill or whatever, we donate. I don't sell much because we don't have tons of stuff worth selling.

Last edited by RachelC; 04-05-2013 at 06:48 PM.
RachelC is offline   Reply With Quote