Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #11
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: In a rut

So we went to a birthday party for a friends kid. The house was 'clean' but obvious that it is allowed to get bad by like the greasy/dusty (know what I mean, where they mix and it is sticky dirty??) cookie jar, the crusty feeling sink knobs, the water trails, sticky, finger printy fridge front, ect. I know, nit picky maybe but it totally made me come home and clean

But it wasn't the 'dirty' that bothered me. It was the fact that they turned the biggest room, the living room, into a play room and it is STUFFED with toys. The kid has toys coming out his ears and he is 1. His room is packed, all the walls lined with toys, buckets of toys, toy boxes over flowing. He has 2 excersaucers, a walker, a jumpy thing, a few ride on toys, a tricycle, a HUGE rocking horse, A HUGE little tykes plastic table....just TONS of STUFF. I felt.....stuffed. I felt edgy. I felt short of breath almost. I felt like I was being suffocated. My kids were over stimulated (age 1 and 2). They would both dump out some toys and kinda shuffle them around. Then dump out some more. They had no idea what to do with all the randomness. They were irritable and cranky...not normal. DD (2) found a ball pit and literally sat in it and sucked her thumb. I think she was totally overwhelmed. I came home and cleaned the kids rooms, I cleaned the living room. I cleaned the windows in the living room including vacuuming the dirt out of the sills. I have a new box of stuff to donate out of our pretty pared down kids rooms. It definitely lit my fire again. Now, I need to remember this feeling tomorrow after some sleep and CLEAN this house!

Advertisement