Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #11
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMommy6111 View Post
unless the kids use every single lego when playing with them, donating a few would help hem be able to put the toys away more easily.
Yeah, I even said that. The girls were trying to help pick up but mom was exasperated because they need to be stacked and the girls were just tossing in, so I said 'you could get rid of a handful and they'd all fit and you wouldn't have to stack them each time.' She just shrugged and kept stacking. That's what I mean about not caring. It's just frustrating to see my mom make it harder on all us!

Advertisement

SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #12
photocat
Registered Users

Re: Mini vent/ question about staying with family

Hmm, we have this problem at my MIL's place too. ALL her kid's (5 of them) toys are still mostly there, stacked in one of the bedrooms....filling the wardrobe, under the bed (it's a really high bed) filling the bookshelves and in bins and boxes in the corner.

My kids don't like to go in there by themselves because they can't find anything they want to play with....most of the stuff that's easily accessible is too young for them now.....and the stuff in the wardrobe is largely inaccessible and stuff is just crammed everywhere.

It never occurred to me to ask her to whittle it down though, and now they're at the age where they just don't bother with that room. It's a shame now that I think of it. And OP, same problem with the darn duplos.....they NEVER would fit back in the falling apart cardboard box they came out of.

Good luck with it OP. We only stay for a day at a time so it doesn't bother me so much any more.

Off the topic....I gave MIL 'The Joy Of Less" for Christmas and I think it's had an effect on the rest of her house

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote