Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
smplmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best High Chair Option?

I second the ikea chair! I bought one to replace the fancier fisher price chair that was a pain to wipe down!

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love our Ikea chairs. Plain, simple, cheap, small, easy, not gaudy.

It won't go in restaurants but any traveling seat is a PITA to drag around no matter what, IMO.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #13
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a cute one that was $40 I think. Basic but folds flat for storage.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #14
hopetc
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love the fp healthy care deluxe as well! You want the deluxe because it has a feature to adjust the height. We have one for home and one for the car trunk for restaurants. We have used them on many folding chairs without incident or concern. Lifetime folding chairs are pretty sturdy though I echo all the great things about how easy it is to clean and the wide age range it works for. From barely sitting to 5 - my 5yr old sits in it on occasion though he has another simpler booster as my younger uses it mostly now.
hopetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
Cortney
Registered Users
seller

We have a tripp-trapp and I love it. Easy to clean, easy to slide up under the table and keeps the kids at the table height as they grow but are too small to sit on the regular chair.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
We have one that clamps onto the table
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #17
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wanted one that attaches to the side of the table... so easy to sweep under. But most of them don't work if your table has any sort of a "skirt" around it and most do. We kinda skipped the high chair thing and DD just more or less stands on the chair. I've wanted to get a foam cushion booster to set on a chair but can't justifying spending $30 on a new one when I know I've seen them at garage sales for super cheap.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #18
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

we have the fp healthy care deluxe too. Amd a cosco folding high chair. The costco EASILY travels and it is actually what we choose to bring if we bring one at all. DS sits in the fphcd on the floor (no table right now) and dd sits in the cosco (could be the other way around but that way she is up high and ds can't mess with her haha)

I like both and I think either would be a win. When they are really young the cosco is a little tougher because it is naturally relined and babies that don't sit well tend to slouch in it.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #19
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

We have one that sits on the kitchen chair -- I think it is Fisher Price, but not the Healthy Care one that others are referring to. It doesn't adjust the height or anything fancy like that, it just has a strap for around the back of the chair and another for around the bottom of the chair. The back folds down so it is easy to transport. Now that my kiddo doesn't need the tray, we just use it as a booster. We started using it for each of our kids once they could sit up by themselves -- before that, we just put them in their car seat or the bouncy seat to feed them. I don't think I would use it on a folding chair, unless I was going to be right there the whole time. The kind that hook onto the table just scare me to death. I'm sure they must be safe or they wouldn't sell them, but I don't know, I can't imagine using one for my kids.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #20
Mrs. Logan
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraI View Post
I used this Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster from around five and a half months (sitting well) until my daughter was three years old. Before then, I used the bouncy chair or carseat like you are doing. I loved the HC Deluxe booster, and it was very easy to take places and use at restaurants!
This!!! We bought an actual highchair, which now is sitting in our basement waiting to be donated because a booster seat is so much more practical and you can take it on the go to friends/relatives homes. LOVE IT
Mrs. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote