Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Is DD ready?

DD is only 21 months but is really showing interest in going potty lately. She's been saying "Ina go potty" a lot. She will also tell me when she has a dirty diaper.

I've put her on the potty a few times but she's never done anything. Should I keep trying?

Advertisement

Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
gghmommy
Registered Users

Re: Is DD ready?

I am not a reliable source of information. Just had to get the diclaimer out of the way. DD is 29 mo and we delayed a bit on starting due to the new baby coming... I think if your DD is showing interest, I'd take advantage of it. My DD definitely prefers pull ups over diapers (we've been using sposies for a while now since I was sick before baby was born, and we've been sick since and I have enough laundry!). We had to get a size up in order for her to pull them up, and she still needs help. I say all that because I think being able to pull up pants is important to success. I am ditching the pull ups except maybe for outings/church and using gerber pants, or some other trainer so she'll feel the wetness and we can learn to avoid it! Hope this helps, again, I'm just learning myself!
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
Solcatia
Registered Users

Re: Is DD ready?

Our DS started showing interest right around 22 months and we encouraged him by high-5s and stickers anytime he actually pottied while sitting there. And of course, high-5s and "Good try" anytime he actually sat and tried. If they shows sign of enthusiasm, go for it! :-)
Solcatia is offline   Reply With Quote