Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know 6 ladies who are due in April IRL

And THREE of them are being induced in their 39th week for no reason other than their doctor will do it. And all I can think is, "That's cheating!" I'm weird, I know...

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
LacyHolly
Registered Users

Re: I know 6 ladies who are due in April IRL

That is totally cheating!!! Babies know when it's time to come...okay, maybe not mine since my water broke all over the place but I don't see to be dilated at al, but we will see!

Looking for Thirsties fitteds with hook and loop
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
JaimeeRooker
Registered Users
seller

Ddc!

I tend to have the same feelings. I also find myself being jealous that they either don't care about the effects of inducing labor or perhaps they are just uninformed. Ether way I find myself wanting the be as uneducated as them. ROFL!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #4
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LacyHolly
That is totally cheating!!! Babies know when it's time to come...okay, maybe not mine since my water broke all over the place but I don't see to be dilated at al, but we will see!
Don't let this worry you. DD broke her waters when I was thick and closed. DS broke his waters and we didn't go to the hospital until 8 hrs later and I was a 2.

It sucks to start that way, but it's also one of the natural ways to start labor. I hope that all goes well with you.

And to the OP, I totally agree - cheating!!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely nothing wrong with water breaking first - that's how things started with DD, my first. And it really BROKE when it broke. Ugh!

OP - I totally agree with you. I'm not against induction for real reasons - if it's truly in the best interest for mom or baby or both. But just because mom is done and the Dr is okay with that - not cool. I hope all their dates are right and everything works out fine for them.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My Dr offered me the same thing and when I declined she really started telling me about the size of my baby and how she's worried. We have thought my due date was at least a week off if not 2. I finally agreed to an induction on my due date if he doesn't come by then and I really don't want to do it but we are estimating a 9lb baby at this point and everyone is freaking out. I am praying I go before next Thursday because I am terrified of the induction.
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KittyKat~ View Post
My Dr offered me the same thing and when I declined she really started telling me about the size of my baby and how she's worried. We have thought my due date was at least a week off if not 2. I finally agreed to an induction on my due date if he doesn't come by then and I really don't want to do it but we are estimating a 9lb baby at this point and everyone is freaking out. I am praying I go before next Thursday because I am terrified of the induction.
Your due date being off that much - ahead or behind what LMP says?
I wouldn't rush into an induction without a good bishop score - but with a good score, it's very likely to have a successful induction.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my first I was induced at 39 weeks for no other reason than I was DONE! I was really surprised when my doc offered because I didn't think it was even an option. I did feel like I was cheating a bit :Giggle:

I was not made aware of the effects of inducing labor and I was most definitely uninformed. It was a horrible experience and I never want to be induced again unless absolutely necessary. Man, it was rough!

I'm two days over due now and while it is VERY tempting to let the docs induce me, I'm holding strong that this little girl will come when she's ready and not a moment before. If I do go to 42 weeks, or baby girl isn't doing well, I will be induced but I really don't see that happening...even though I'm very nervous it will.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
I was not made aware of the effects of inducing labor and I was most definitely uninformed. It was a horrible experience and I never want to be induced again unless absolutely necessary. Man, it was rough!
See, that's the problem with inductions, IMO. The OBs, most of the time anyways, don't bother telling mom the real risks of induction. I know they're just thinking "Oh well, we'll do it "her way", it won't work, and I'll get to bill for another c-sec" But that's not okay to me!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #10
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I'm glad mine is honest about vbac inductions being a bad idea. I just wish they weren't a bad idea lol