Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
cd1mama
Registered Users

EC

anyone with experience with EC?
i bought a little potty when LO was about 3 months but he doesn't like not feeling anything under him. i try to put him there about once a month with no luck. he's now 7 mo and i'm thinking it might be better because he can sit there and play.
advice? is it worth it?

Advertisement

cd1mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I didn't actually seat DD on the potty until much later, maybe 10 mos? Until then, we held her over the potty (or sink) and gave her cue. We never did the playing/reading on the potty thing, though. Just take care of business and wipe.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: EC

We held DS over a IKEA potty starting at about 3 weeks until about 5/6 months then switched him to a toliet seat reducer. That might be a better option for you to try. We did the reverse of the above at quite a few points we had to resort to books and things while on the potty, but for DS it worked. I thought ECing really worked for us as a family (made travel and things easier), and DS potty trained at 21 months no problems. So I suggest trying a different type of seat myself. But then my DS hated all the little seats.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Big Mi
Registered Users

Re: EC

We started EC with DS2 when he was about a month. We never set him on anything. Just held him over the sink or toilet with every diaper change and made a "shushing" sound. In the last few months, I've tried to set him on the Baby Bjorn potty chair, but he doesn't like that at all. He will arch his back and fuss. I try the chair every couple weeks, but so far no dice.
Big Mi is offline   Reply With Quote