Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Happy basic Tuesday

Good morning come on by for a chat

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy basic Tuesday

good morning all. My parents are out for a walk, MH is still sleeping, I am about to make a cuppa coffee.

We have a quiet morning on deck then a little shopping and maybe a trip to here http://www.explora.us/en/
Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Looks like fun, Jen. We are supposed to get a blizzard Thought this crap was over.
Made pizza last night using leftover spaghetti sauce (with ground beef in it), mini sweet peppers, grape tomatoes, mushrooms and fresh herbs from my basket. It is so nice to have that around again I have too many options of what to make, I forgot what that was like!

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamacitas. I think I need to take a tiger tranquilizer in the mornings now. I am at my wits' end with the oldest. I can only imagine what the teen years will bring. Especially when all three are teens at the same time.

I am jealous of your basket, Jess. They don't do BB in MI yet. There are CSAs, but they are usually organic/special and fairly expensive, and since it's all local you get most the good stuff in July and August, if the crops are good that year. So like the May/June baskets are all greens, bleah. Hard to get excited about that. The Farmers' Markets start in May also, but they have the same stuff LOL so nothing exciting until late June.

I am plotting the garden in my head. I priced all the different scenarios out, and they all cost relatively the same - just different amounts of labor. So I am probably going to do raised beds in SmartPots, which are special landscaping fabric bags in the shape of raised beds available in different sizes. I just have to figure out where to put them and fill them with whatever soil mix I choose. So far of the 24 seedlings we started, we have 7 tomato plants of different varieties, one bell pepper plant, one broccoli plant, and one pumpkin vine. And lots of seeds for stuff that is best planted in the ground from the get-go. I'm guessing tho we won't be planting until Mother's Day with the weather as it has been.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You could have trained in TX and brought BB to MI The basket we got Saturday was awesome, plus I got the Italian pack to round it out. I think next time I will get 2 baskets instead. The Asian pack is up now and I just had a Thai pack so I am ok without repeating that.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think they were in my part of TX (or maybe TX at all) before we moved...that was 3 years ago. And I wouldn't even mind driving a bit, but I guess they have not really hit the midwest yet.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Headed down for nap...yippy