Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
CurlyQ215
Registered Users
seller

OPK and progesterone cream question - please help!

I have PCOS and irregular ovulation. I am going to try natural progesterone cream this cycle after O. Does anyone know when you should start the cream after a positive OPK? I haven't had regular enough waking times to accurately temp this cycle, and I don't want to risk messing with O by taking it too soon. Thoughts?

Advertisement

CurlyQ215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
SamandJo88
Registered Users

Re: OPK and progesterone cream question - please help!

Yes, always take progesterone cream after confirmed ovulation. So if you're temping, take it one day after you see a temperature rise, or 2-3 days after your first positive OPK if you're not temping. I have had irregular cycles too, I highly recommend getting a salivary hormone test done and see what your hormones are doing. My estrogen is through the roof, so I'm taking things to get rid of the excess and balance it with progesterone. Myomin is good for excreting the excess, and things like dong quai and raspberry leaf are good for balancing the rest. Good luck!
SamandJo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: OPK and progesterone cream question - please help!

Take it 3 days after the OPK turns neg or you have 3 high temps from temping. You want confirmation that ovulation has happend or enought time from the surge to be sure the egg released vs it working like birth control.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote