Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
bazil323
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you also use...

Lots of great experiences! Seems like each babe is different. I doubt we'll be doing any plane travel, but we do take a 5-6 hour car trip once a year for vacation and then maybe a couple 3-4 and three 2-3 hour trips in addition visiting family. I think I will maybe see how it goes for a few months before getting a stroller. We would be doing more in and out of the car trips versus long stops where a stroller would be better. Since I'm due in November, I doubt we will want to be out inthe cold taking walks for several months after birth. Wisconsin winters are just too cold!

Advertisement

bazil323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #12
bazil323
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
We use both ring sling and stroller. Which one gets more use depends on where we are living. When I lived within walking distance of the stores, parks, and rec center I used both. I wore baby and put all our things in the stroller. I would empty the stroller if baby wanted to nap.

Sometimes my son wants me to carry him. Sometimes he wants to walk. Sometimes he wants to ride.
Your baby is so cute! That outfit is adorable!
bazil323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

When it was just Ladybug it was the easiest to just carry her all the time. She had reflux and hated being in the car seat but in the winter time it was great to be able to bundle her up indoors and carry her to the car and from there into the store. I often ended up wearing her once inside the store though if we were going to be there for any amount of time and if she wasn't asleep. She slept so little that on the rare occasions that she did fall asleep in the car the removable bucket was a lifesaver. We started using an umbrella stroller for walks around 6 months though (she was a big baby and all I had was a Moby wrap and a pouch sling at the time, neither one very comfortable once they get big).

Itsy was pretty much a "sleep in the car seat" baby. She rarely fell asleep in the wrap (switched to a woven by this point) so for going into the store and not waking her up it was perfect. We still only had the umbrella stroller and it was great for the occasions when Ladybug was too tired to walk or we needed something to hold the diaper bag. Itsy also started riding in it once she was around 6 months and by that point Ladybug was capable for walking long distances.

All that to say, we never ever needed a stroller that the car seat snapped into but I would not go without a bucket simply because when I've needed one it would have been a real pain to not have had one.

In preparation for the newb I've finally bought a real stroller. It's a sit and stand type and although our car seat does snap into it I don't actually foresee us ever using it for that purpose. I got it because Itsy is still small enough to need to ride 85% of the time and with three there's just too much stuff to carry around for things like trips to the zoo when we are gone all day. I went with a sit and stand instead of a single stroller with a large basket because I figured when the baby reaches the sitting stage and starts riding around in the stroller more (both my girls enjoyed riding in a stroller), the standing part will be useful for Itsy when she gets tired.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #14
stephsicola
Registered Users
seller

We use both. The stroller doesn't get used a whole lot but when I'm shopping it's great for holding stuff, or putting her in if she gets squirmy. I liked snapping in the carseat when she was sleeping or when it was really cold.
stephsicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #15
Zipfelmuetze
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not going to use an infant car seat, just a convertible car seat, so I got a stroller that lays back for a newborn. I'll be babywearing a lot too, but I'm just not sure I could use a public restroom while babywearing, so that's why I have the stroller.
Zipfelmuetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

Definitely get a stroller. Even if it gets used infrequently, there are times when it is definitely nice to have!
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With #1 I used a stroller until I discovered babywearing. With #2, he has been in the stroller with the nanny, and a few times I used it as a portable "chair" in the backyard. Other than that I have not used it at all with #2. I just wore him everywhere. I think we took him into a store once in his carseat. He had just fallen asleep, so DH grabbed the seat and carried it while we ran in, did our shopping, then ran out. I gave my stroller that the carseat snapped into to my sister when DS1 was 18mo. Never missed it at all with DS2.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #18
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I don't use strollers. I have a double jog one for if I ever jog again and a few times the 2 yr old rode to the park while I wore the baby. I don't use bucket car seats so I wear the baby. Mostly in an SSC or MT.

typing 1-hnded, nak, sry 4 abbrev
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #19
skankinladybug
Registered Users
seller

I use both. I use the stroller for longer trips like walks in the park or the mall. I use the sling to go into the grocery store or around the house.
skankinladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #20
Jewels6708
Registered Users
seller

I have had a stroller for 3.5 yrs(oldest is 3.5) and have only used it once. I never could get the hang of a ring sling. With baby #3 we are going to go straight to a convertible carseat so it doesn't come out of car. With baby #2 we had a carseat that came out of the car but we always left it in. I would either pre-tie a wrap on me in a popable carry before we left the house for quick in and outs, or I would use a mei tai. We are also going to sale our stroller.
Jewels6708 is offline   Reply With Quote