Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #11
Mackie3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Simple moms of girls... Anyone with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgoodgravy View Post
I am here to warn you it doesnt matter how plain you raise them the DIVA gene may still get them! LOL!
I am one of the most plain people on the planet. When my ODD was born I revolted against the system! NO PINK!!! She rocked every color but pink and some boys clothes as well. Now at 11 almost 12 she is such a princess diva. She loves sparkle and I never not once put it on her. She loves zebra print. She has a fashion sense that I never have had or will have and she is cute as a button. I will not allow writing on her bum and I do require shorts to be a certain length (it is hard her legs are seriously like a mile long) I do allow tank tops but they must be tasteful if that can happen.
I will say she loves the dirt. She rides on the four wheeler and runs in the mud. She is always into something outside. She loves soccer and plays it with an undying love.
I agree with everyone that manufacturers are creating a young diva line of clothing but just because you fight doesnt mean you wont get one anyway. I love her though DIVA and all!
Ageeed!

Advertisement

Mackie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #12
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD looks beautiful in anything but she loves to get dolled up so we go for it. And she loves her bows although I'll say I hate those HUGE ones. I don't see anything wrong with having clothes that they I would prefer DD not to get dirty. I always make sure DD has plenty in each "category" as I call it...church clothes, nicer clothes, regular clothes, clothes she can roll in mud in and I won't care. DD has never been a roll in the dirt type kid so I guess we are a good fit for each other lol
Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #13
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dd won't wear anything innapropriate, tight, writing on the butt, etc. but, imo forcing them to be the opposite of these societal norm is just as bad as forcing them to be a frilly princess. My girls love to dress up, hair bows, glitter, etc. but they will also play outside, climb trees, get muddy etc with the best of em. To me its about balance and allowing them to be themselves.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum
Old 04-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #14
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD wears a lot of traditionally "boyish" stuff/characters/colors, but sometimes they will be the "girly" version of a stereotypically boy thing or a mix of "boy" and "girl" stuff. To me, cute is cute and I wouldn't put a boy OR a girl in floofy all pink. The following is pretty much how my DD dresses. We like to keep it simple, bright and fun. It's all about being able to play and move! If she really wants some (appropriate) princess-y dress up stuff when she is older for playing, I won't stop her.

One day old in her froggie sleeper

Blue puppy; about 2 months old

Blue owl onesie and helping with diapers

Yoda shirt, playing with her very own Cthulu

Batman t-shirt, yellow diaper

Hulk T-shirt, green diaper cover and hanging with her puppy while mommy knits

Pink TOOL onesie and DC Super hero baby toys

As "girly" as it gets around here:

Old 04-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #15
doublebk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma View Post
My dd won't wear anything innapropriate, tight, writing on the butt, etc. but, imo forcing them to be the opposite of these societal norm is just as bad as forcing them to be a frilly princess. My girls love to dress up, hair bows, glitter, etc. but they will also play outside, climb trees, get muddy etc with the best of em. To me its about balance and allowing them to be themselves.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum
I completely agree! I had someone tell me they won't let their daughter wear pink or be girly because they want her to know she can be whatever she wants. (Except for be girly or wear pink, I guess.) Lol. I don't get it. I was a HUGE tomboy growing up, I still have no sense of fashion, but my girls like wearing dresses and playing dress up, but they are down with trucks and mud, too. I want them to be who they are. Plus, they can change as they get older.
doublebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #16
peep_erz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyMae12 View Post

Blue puppy; about 2 months old

Blue owl onesie and helping with diapers
I just wanted to say i love these onesies!
peep_erz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #17
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by peep_erz View Post
I just wanted to say i love these onesies!
Old Navy! I actually bought the puppy one (and another pink puppy one) before we knew what we were having and she wore both!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #18
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dd wears huge bows and loves them ! In fact she will not leave the house without a bow or headband on. She has clothes that she can't get dirty but she also has clothes that she can do whatever in. I don't see the big deal with her having nice clothes that I would like to keep looking nice. We also do a lot of complete outfits where everything matches from head to toe along with a ton of handmade clothing. I spend a decent amount of money on her wardrobe because I can't stand how "sexed up "most store bought clothing is in her size. We have strict modesty rules in our household so words on the behind and tight fitting clothing are not allowed so I'll agree with you there but not so much on the bow and nice clothing.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #19
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

I can't stand baby sexy (don't like it on grownup ladies either, LOL), but I loooove foofy girlie girlie! I don't consider it bowing to societal pressure, I consider it personal preference, and there's nothing wrong with that!
uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #20
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

Hmmmmmm the hookers down my way don't wear big bows in their hair. Wonder if that's a regional thing