Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #21
babysniffles
Registered Users

Re: 3 YO DD still not PT, am I a bad mom?

My DS1 wasn't trained until after 3. He could do everything, he just did not want to. Too many interesting things for him to do. He finally took the leap when he didn't get to go to Grandma's house for a week with the other cousins, because he was still in diapers. By the time his sister came home, he was fully trained. And he got to go to Grandma's house the next year.

Advertisement

babysniffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #22
sundayrose
Banned

My Mood:

We are slowly making progress...she actually asked to go potty after her swim class in the locker room! Nothing since but there is HOPE!!!!
sundayrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #23
knittingk
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not a bad Mom at all. I've had 3 so far that have not trained before 3 1/2. In fact my son was starting to read before he used the potty. The first I tried everything to get him to use the potty, bribery, pullups, go every hour (I am sure I was training myself and not him with that method), candy and still no progress. I finally gave up and about 6 months later he decided he wanted to use the potty and never had any accidents after he wanted to wear underwear.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #24
sundayrose
Banned

My Mood:

that's what I decided I should do...I'm switching to trainers in hopes that this will help. Now I have to get rid of all my CDs.....lol
sundayrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #25
burtonclan
Registered Users

not a bad mom at all...our DD started to potty trained and then we moved across country and reverted back to diapers...and tried again a few times...it took 8 months of back and forth...she will settle and it will happen.... good luck
burtonclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #26
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

Not a bad mom! My DD trained at 2.5 but it was a struggle and many accidents because I think I pushed her before she was truly ready. She actually just night-trained a few months ago (at 5 yrs 1 month) because that one I was not going to push. Tried a few times between age 3 and 5, she would sleep soundly through soaking her bed (gross!) so I just kept bringing back the pull-ups after each failed attempt and didn't push. One day, she was just ready! DS is 3.25 and not ready at all to potty train. We will be waiting until he shows interest and readiness. I also would like him to start preschool in the fall but I spoke with his teacher (DD has that teacher this year) and she said don't use him, he can start when he is trained, even if its past the start of the year. She had one preschooler a few years ago that started in January. So no biggie! DS also still sleeps with his paci and in a crib that he loves. Growing up will come soon enough...I'm not rushing it!
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #27
NCMommy119
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm right there with you, Mama! My 3 y/o daughter is very strong willed too and she just doesn't want any part of it. I'm not sure, but I will be thinking of you..lol
Old 04-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #28
Hamalu
Registered Users

You're definitely not a bad mom! Every kid learns at their own pace. My son is very strong willed and likes things to be a certain way. I make sure that he knows that the potty is available for him to use when he's ready. When I try to push to much I get resistance. It's like that with everything when it comes to my son. He obviously doesn't get his way for everything but I do try to pick my battles and try to compromise when I can. Easier said then done sometimes especially now that he's 21 months and is really starting to assert himself and his little personality. :-)
Hamalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #29
Lexypie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter was much the same way. She is almost 3.5 and mostly PT'd. But it wasnt until a few months ago that she really got it, and we still have issues with her panties being a little wet. She still poops in her panties sometimes too. Shes not good about telling me, I have to remind her constantly... and she would choose not to go if I didnt make her. She's just getting over a tremendous fear of store/restaurant bathrooms. I still have to wait until she's out of the stall to flush.
So yeah, I would say we are a work in progress at 3 1/2!

You're right-- she probably feels your stress. We definitely made much more progress when I relaxed, and put her in big girl panties full time (lots of messes to clean, but it got the point accross)
Old 04-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #30
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

My 3.5 year old woke up a couple of weeks ago and asked for underwear and that was that. Just wait until she is ready
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote