Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Double stroller for almost 4 year old? Just for long walks? Suggestions?

Originally Posted by Dmpmercury View Post
My kids walked on their own on hikes that were a few miles long at that age. They also went on trails in their balance bikes or regular bikes at that age. They went a little ahead of me in the balance bike but I could always see them and they knew to stop if they were getting to far ahead. They were not going that much faster where I couldn't keep up. They loved riding their bikes on the trail.
It's not a trail I'm talking about though. It's a neighborhood with no sidewalks and cars coming every few minutes. My now 3 year old is simply not safe by himself being way ahead of me. He can't even hear me(or a car) when we go for a quick walk now and he is on his tricycle. He can bring his balance bike for a trail, he doesn't tire on that at all. Cars cannot see a 3/4 year old easily either.

Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
We walk nightly. My 6 and 2 year olds ride in our Mountain Buggy Urban Double. The 4 year old has to ride separately because of his "issues" and either goes in a Baby Jogger City Mini or on my back in a Baby Hawk Oh Snap.

If I had it to do over, I'd get the City Mini GT double instead, though. The canopy and the fold on the Mountain Buggy suck.
Good note about the canopy. I will have to consider that. Best canopy ever was on a jogging stroller, by Kelty I belive. Unfolded into 3 sections, literally the kids bodies to their waist was covered if it was unfolded fully. Didn't love the fixed wheel though, so that was gone quickly.

Mama of 4!
and precious little one 11/10/11
Leanbh is offline   Reply With Quote