Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
mama2madj
Registered Users
seller
seller

other single moms with older kids too?

im starting to panic a bit about being on my own w/ 3 kids and a newborn!! i was somewhat on my own w/ my younger 2 too, since j had to be back to work within a couple days...but atleast he came home that evening, if i needed him to pick up something from the store he could, or if there was something that i just could not do, he got home and could help out...now he wont be around much...ive thought to stay at my dads cause hed be there then all day, but i not supposed to drive for a wk, so i cant be going back and forth.
tell me its all fine and im overreacting?

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

Re: other single moms with older kids too?

Can your dad stay with you instead of the other way around? Or do you have a friend who could do it? I wish I was closer so I could lend a hand.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
mama2madj
Registered Users
seller
seller

He probably would, but he couldn't stay over here, hes more of a creature of habbit, dont think he could take being out of his house to be here that much...i barely can take being here that much
im not as out there in the open irl, and w/ j around at the time it was even harder to make friends...there's only one i could ask, and she works 2 jobs
I also gotta be back to my dads quickly after, i need to work...unless i just happen to get a sale in *right* before babes born, i cant afford to take more than a few days off.
the more i think, the more i think im overreacting, between everything going on i just can't handle processing it all
Old 08-24-2007, 05:11 AM   #4
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

I'll be a single mom with 2 kids and a newborn. It's gonna be tough I think. I dont' have any of my own family here either, just dh's family. I'm gonna be one busy lady!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:23 AM   #5
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was a single mom to my older two, so I understand how you feel.

With my last child I was a married single mom in a way, so I can relate to having older kids and a newborn depending on you. My husband was an over the road trucker and left two days after I got out of the hospital and was gone for several weeks (didn't even have my staples removed yet!!). I was at home with 8 kids, none of whom could drive yet, and I averaged 4 hours a day in the car driving them to and from school even before the baby was born, and had to continue as I was the only parent around. It's certainly not fun, but you can do it mama. Just space yourself out during the day and have the older ones help you as much as they can.
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote