Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Fermented cod liver oil for teeth?

Hi! Not sure if this is the best section to post in or not... but seemed reasonable

Anyone use fermented cod liver oil with the aim of improving teeth? My 6 year old has had some terrible cavities which worries me. My 19 month old has badly stained front teeth from when they came in which I've been watching and today noticed a big hole between the top front right tooth and the next smaller one to the side Does not look good! I hate the idea of having to take her to a dentist cause nothing they could do would be easy on her.

I never had any issues with teeth when I was little so wasn't prepared for this and would love if there was something I could do to help prevent more or fix some issues... Swa some stuff on fermented cod liver oil...

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
babydust2012
Registered Users
seller

I use unfermented cod liver oil and also substituted sugar with xylitol sugar (has to be real birch xylitol). I must say it really helped with my overly sensitive teeth in a matter of one week. Wasn't cured completely, but better.

You may need to change diet for your kids. Google Dr. Westin A. Price study. You will be surprised what foods really cause tooth decay!
babydust2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fermented cod liver oil for teeth?

Thanks or the reply! I have some of the fermented with high vitamin butter oil coming! Hope it helps. The little one works me as she doesn't eat a lot of solids a d the teeth that are bad has only been Ina year!!!

I've looked up so of the stuff on grains and soaking related to teeth. I've been recommended their site before but can never work out
where to find this info for teeth. Would you be able to help difect me to the page? Thanks!!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
babydust2012
Registered Users
seller

I wasn't able to find exact article, but here is another one, which summarizes most of it:

http://wellnessmama.com/3650/how-to-...eth-naturally/

Look around Weston Price website, there are a lot of articles on the subject.

I hope your kids will have beautiful healthy teeth very soon!
babydust2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
4ShoreRN
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought a tooth powder off of Etsy with the ingredients listed in this blog's diy tooth powder post: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2012/04/rethinking-oral-health-care-a-homemade-toothpaste-recipe-for-tooth-remineralization.html
I have to say my teeth whitened in one week of using the tooth powder, my gums have stopped bleeding as much when I brush (preggo right now so they will bleed a little due to increased blood flow), and my teeth aren't as sensitive. The cavities that aren't holes yet are getting smaller, but I haven't really noticed a huge difference yet with the cavities that are holes. I've only been using the powder for about three weeks though. Just makes me wonder what the heck was my commercial toothpaste and mouthwash doing since I've been using the whitening kind for years without results.
The blog post I linked also talks about diet change and supplements.

Last edited by 4ShoreRN; 04-12-2013 at 02:40 PM.
4ShoreRN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Although not helpful for a 19 month old, the above article's mention of oil pulling is good. I did that for a while, and it did help my teeth some. I must add, however, that I recently tried a version of the tooth powder that should have been more sensitive-teeth friendly, but instead of remineralizing my teeth, it stripped them. I need to sort of start over with prescription toothpaste, etc. Depending on the thinness of someone's enamel and their degree (or cause) of sensitivity, I would caution against tooth powders. Fwiw, I was using peelu powder (which IS safe for sensitive teeth) mixed with the other ingredients minus the baking soda (a dentist had already determined that my enamel was too thin for using baking soda based toothpastes). But the calcium and magnesium powders simply wore down my enamel so that my teeth were quickly more painful than they had been in many months. I was only using the powder once a day, no less. I'm thinking there simply isn't a one size fits all solution....

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/0982021305

This might be helpful. We are using FCLO now and will find out in a few weeks as ds dentist appt if it has helped.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

There are a lot of success stories about curing cavities this way on the mothering dot com forums. If I remember correctly the health forum has a teeth section. There is also a good Yahoo group. Good luck!
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 AM   #9
Connor
Registered Users
seller

It helped heal my son's decay. He loves the stuff!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #10
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all!!! Hadn't thought to poke on mothering, great idea. My mum over heard someone talking about this at a playgroup so glad she did!

Those who have done the FClO... How did you get the kids to take it? I got te unflavoured gel stuff with the high vitamin butter oil. Don't think they will take it straight as a bit weird texture and taste. Oh and how much? Can't find that anywhere!!