Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
1busyb
Registered Users

What can you tell me about my wrap?

I found a Neobulle Simon at Once Upon A Child and couldn't pass it up. They must not have known what it was because it appears to be in excellent condition and I paid $22!!! Anyway, I'm new to wovens and don't know much about it. Things I'd like to know:
1. How do I wash it and care for it properly?
2. Is this toddler worthy?
3. I live in Phoenix. Is this going to smother us in the desert heat?
4. I LOVE the one ring sling I own. Would it be a tragedy to have this converted to a RS or would I love it?
5. Is there a good resell market for it if I can't find the wrapping love?
Basically, tell me everything you'd want to know about your first wrap.

Advertisement

1busyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
saturn
Registered Users

Re: What can you tell me about my wrap?

1. Wash on cold, preferably with a gentler detergent . Hang dry, or dry in a dryer on low or no heat. You can iron it if you want, sometimes that can help break it in.
2. Yes, it should work fine with a toddler.
3. It isn't the coolest, but far from the warmest either. It should be pretty breathable. How hot it feels will also be influenced by which carries you use.
4. Wrap conversion ring slings are awesome! I'd give it a try as a wrap first, though - you may like it better for a bigger baby, since you can spread the weght to both shoulders. If you don't love wrapping, then it would definitely make a great ring sling (or two, depending on the length).
5. Yes, resale value for woven wraps is very high. If you wanted to, you could sell the wrap for significantly more than $22.

The other thing is you should probably measure it so you can figure out what size it is. Different carries require different lengths of wrap, so knowing how long yours is will help you figure out which carries you can do. Congrats! I hope you enjoy the new wrap!
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
1busyb
Registered Users

Thank you so much for your reply! I was so excited to try it once it dried, but my 12 mo old had other plans. Maybe tomorrow. I haven't measured it yet, but the tag says it's 4.6 meters. After today's failed attempts, I'm feeling a little intimidated by it.
1busyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
kaitl
Registered Users
seller

Re: What can you tell me about my wrap?

Keep trying and watch lots of youtube videos! Wrapping takes practice

There is also lots of help available on thebabywearer.com
kaitl is offline   Reply With Quote