Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #331
KatieG-Lux
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Hey Ladies,

I havent posted in a while, but I have a crib spacer available if anyone wants to trade or Pay Pal it. When I bought it in December, the store told me it was there last one and the company wasnt going to make any more. I ended up never using it because they stayed in my room for so long and now they have separate cribs so its never been used.

Take a look

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1508690

Advertisement

KatieG-Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #332
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks Rachel, I'm actually feeling a lot better today because I took the leap and scheduled an appt with a new OB! I already feel like a weight has been lifted and can't wait to meet him and tour the new hospital! Really hoping he's good and I'll feel 100x's better once I meet him and can just relax the rest of the pregnancy.

IMO, I would tell the daycare parents you need to quit effective immediately and they have 2 weeks to find new care. I started this pregnancy (before I even knew for sure I was having twins) watching ONE other child and only lasted a week! I was exhausted and she was just a huge handful so I have no idea how you've made it this long with more kids! You need to do what is best for you and your babies and 1000 calories is not going to cut it! Think about possible expenses if they have extended NICU time. Not to scare you but your weight gain is really THAT important. If you need anything else for the babies between now and when they're born, you'll find a way I'm sure! "Stuff" isn't as important as your health and stress level! So no, this isn't selfishness in the least. It's looking out for your two precious babies that need you to be rested and well nourished! (((Hugs!)))
Old 04-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #333
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176
Babies are doing well! Born 4/16 at home in the water. Super fast labor, Adella weighed in at 5 lbs 12 oz and Bria was 6 even . Definitely fraternal! My 2 separate on opposite sides placentas were fused and had been for a long time. Kinda funny. Now the real work begins! There is a pic in my due date club on here, and some on fb (in my ddc link). Seems to be all over fb today! Anyway, just wanted to do a quick update, will catch up later!
Congrats!!! My girls were almost the same weights (5 lbs 11 oz and 6 even) and also obviously DZ.

I'm so happy for you, and great names!
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #334
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
But I feel like I'm being selfish and 'too' cautious and lazy by stopping early. Even my DR said twin moms usually stop at 30 weeks, and June 1 would be 20 weeks for me, but I'm just overwhelmed and my body is suffering. WWYD?
QUIT right now! When I stopped it was even harder because dh doesn't make enough to cover everything but I NEEDED to rest. If these kids are that unruly and making things so hard for you - it's really for the best to let it go. Trust me, I know what a difficult decision this is. I had the same family for three years. I was making good money and we are really struggling without those funds but I know I would never be able to forgive myself if something happened to my babies because I wasn't taking proper care of myself.
ilovemygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #335
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brook, I just saw your girls on the Parenting Twins page on FB! OH my goodness!! Soo sweet! Literally brought tears to my eyes!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #336
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How's everyone today?

I'm ok, not great, but leaps and bounds better than I have been.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #337
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05
How's everyone today?

I'm ok, not great, but leaps and bounds better than I have been.
Glad you're doing better! Hopefully you're on the up-swing.

I'm doing good for the most part. Just finding my patience is really, really thin?! I seriously feel like mommy hulk sometimes and like I might rage out on someone. Actually, more toward strangers than my family which is good but strange for me because I'm usually really patient with everyone. Not sure where it's coming from other than hormones. Anyone else experience this?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #338
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay, kinda mad today. I don't get this. My next appointment is in 3 weeks, at 18w 3d. I asked if I could have my ultrasound in the same visit, since I had to close down my daycare so I could make the appt., and have all of us come since DH couldn't take off work (but he can meet us at the DR's and help with kids). I asked if I could have my U/S the same day so DH could make it, and we could put the kids in a nearby daycare and get it all done in one day.

The receptionist said they only do them at 20 weeks +. Well that is fine, but I'm pregnant with twins. And I feel that should be taken into consideration. Last time they couldn't find the gender and do a head measurement, and were stabbing me with the doppler and pushing the baby around so bad I threw up. Wouldn't you think it would be fine to have an early u/s so the babies have more room?

I left a message for the nurse to call me back, since the DR has to "order" the U/S before anyone can schedule it. I feel like I should be able to have the U/S the same day, and not have to come back at 20 weeks, or push it off until my 22 week appt. I should have some say here! I have twins, and having an ultrasound 1.5 weeks early should not be that big of a deal. I don't want to throw up, I don't want the babies to have less room, and I don't want to have to take off work, have DH take more time off that we desperately want to save for vacation time for after the birth, and have to figure out child care for so many appts.

Ugh.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #339
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

that would be frustrating, you would think they would be understanding to get it all done at once.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #340
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Rachel, I would tell them to either schedule it altogether or reschedule the entire appt. I know with twins you can expect more appts and ultrasounds but all the more reason they should make an effort to combine appts any chance they get. I had my anatomy at 19w3d so they should be able to do it then.

Speaking of ultrasounds, I had my first growth scan today and I'm so happy the babies are both still growing at a singleton rate! I'm 24 weeks exactly (yay viability!!!) and both are estimated to be 1lb 7oz and measuring right on track!!