Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The early pregnancy crazy strikes again--question

I didn't do IVF but I know exactly when I o'd down to hours! I had a u/s and saw two beautiful eggs. O'd that night. Anyway According to O date I was 7 weeks 4 days at first U/S. DD measured 6weeks 6 days! Oh and there is NO way she could have conceived later. TMI but no DTD from about 70 hours before O til a few days after. I was in O pain day of O and wasn't in mood after as I was sure we missed the time. Since we hadn't DTD in 3 days almost.

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #12
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

The twins I'm 28 +2 with now were always like that, 5w1d and 5w2d, etc. Nothing to worry about! congrats!
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
No, no, no need to apologize at all. I think when I got the massage I had just stopped the Gonal-F & Lupron (right before the retrieval, obvs) & had seriously just started the baby aspirin & progesterone...but I'd been on all of those before when I'd gotten a massage, so I didn't figure it was the meds. I'm pasty white pale & do bruise pretty easily in general (seriously, I practically glow in the dark), but that massage gave me crazy bruises...they went away really quickly, though. I did have the massage the day of my transfer, though

My crazy worrying is even worse than normal, b/c DP is all nervous, too, which just sets me off...like, my initial betas were great, doubling about every 35 hrs. DP's answer was, "Are sure it's okay & not some weird molar thing?" So yeah, she makes me worry more than I normally would, which is still a lot.
totally OT, and i appoligize, but we are going through IVF too TTC #2. With my first time around, the only time i had a massage i finally got pregnant. I am going in to FET#5 this time around and am not having luck though am doing accupuncture. Do you think the massage may help or make a difference?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #14
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrlgrl105 View Post
totally OT, and i appoligize, but we are going through IVF too TTC #2. With my first time around, the only time i had a massage i finally got pregnant. I am going in to FET#5 this time around and am not having luck though am doing accupuncture. Do you think the massage may help or make a difference?
Of course I can't say that one thing made all the difference. We've just done 2 fresh cycles, but the experiences were very different. The first time, I went in the morning, I had to take an antibiotic right before, I had some pain during the transfer (firecrotch from the hibiclens @ retrieval) & I went & did an acupuncture session afterward. I did a little shopping after, then went home & relaxed.

The second time, I was supposed to go by myself, & I had made an appointment for a massage at the place I regularly go (not the healing arts). Unexpectedly, DP had a snow day, so she took me. My appt was a little later than the previous one had been, but we got stuck on the highway d/t an accident & were even later than scheduled. This time around, they had given me a valium to take right before the transfer & I was able to take it b/c I hadn't driven myself. Afterward, we were able to go out to lunch together & she dropped me off & picked me up from the massage. We went home & watched a couple shows on Netflix before we had to pick DD up from DC.

I liked the acupuncture just fine, but massages help me quite a lot & is much more immediately relaxing to me than acupuncture. I also felt more comfortable going to the massage place I've used before than healing arts. And of course it's more reassuring to have DP there, plus she's pretty lucky & if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We go to cny too did you do message and accupuncture both for the cycle you got pregnant? Id prefer to do the message but they give you a free accupuncture session with a transfer, and a massage is $70..not a bad price but after traveling from maine it gets expensive. I could soooo use one though!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

No acupuncture, mostly b/c I had thought it was only a free acupuncture session for the first transfer The massage place I go is a little cheaper ($55/hr) & I don't have all the travel expenses. And I usually get a massage a couple times a year & I was "due" for one, so DP didn't mind the expense (plus, I gave her my gift cards & sent her shopping while I was in there ).
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote