Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
Originally Posted by DrusL8y
I think you could pull it off with Radians/Dionos. They have a backless booster seat and although I've never actually seen it in a car, I'm sure it is still narrow since that's what the brand is known for. We drive a Honda Odyssey and have 2 Radian XTSLs and a Monterey booster that goes from high back to just booster. Two are FF and one is RFing. The only issue that I've noticed is that no matter what car you get, the RFing one is gonna be the one that'll give you the hard time since you may have move your front seats up. Either way, the best position for your RFing seat would be in the middle unless the FFing seat can be latched without the seat belt. Of course, your booster would need to be in one of the outer seats.
We won't be going backless booster probably for a looooong time. My kids are nearly 5.5 and 35 lbs, and nearly 3.5 and 26 lbs. Super light and super short like their mama (I'm 5'1" and 110 when not pregnant or within a year post-partum!) so luckily for me, my RF infant seat has always been able to go behind my drivers seat and I can still drive comfortably! By the time our (not even conceived yet) next baby would need to be switching to a RF convertible, I bet we will have a minivan and won't have this issue anymore! Haha

BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: Three across in a Honda?

I have a Honda accord 86 so smaller than now. we fit 2 boosters and 1 high back rear and forward facing car sit for babies. we also had the regular rear facing base graco and car sit (badket like) for when baby was little.
baby goes in the middle. 30 lb in the side and ~40lb kid on other side both with diff weight allowance booster. both with safety1 car sit belt ajusters. I have to buckle the 30 lb kid. now the 4th one.... in the driver seat till he's born =o)

forgot to say that hubby has a 2 door Mazda. we fit there 2 high back boosters and a forward or rear facing car sit. again baby in moddle

Last edited by homeschoolkitty; 04-18-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added material
homeschoolkitty is offline   Reply With Quote