Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #11
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Re: Recs for summer carriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Pognaes are really only good for little ones (I see them on fsot all the time on tbw bc babies outgrew them). Bamberoo, kinder pack, nuzzle me and other companies have carriers with solarviel or mesh. There are also slings of that material.
I have worn my beco 4th generation and kanga xt on 100 degree days, hiking and we've been fine, tho. Just diaper and no shirt or diaper cover on baby.

typing 1-hnded, nak, sry 4 abbrev
Yeah...I have puny kids so I can't speak to how they are for bigger babies.

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicymustard
If you like to wrap then a Bali breeze which is a gauze wrap.
I was going to make one out of gauze bought at Joann's, but hubby said he didn't think it would hold, are they strong enough for older children as well??
Bethany, married to the man that makes me smile . Stay at home mom and homeschooler to my three wild and crazy boys! Bryson 9yrs, my comedian Noah, 4yrs and new booby man, Sonny, 8 months . Living our beautiful but crazy free- range, natural hippie lifestyle!)
bmacnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
sugardumplings
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacnak View Post
I was going to make one out of gauze bought at Joann's, but hubby said he didn't think it would hold, are they strong enough for older children as well??
Gauze wraps are not know for being toddler worthy or even over 15 lbs worthy. I would suggest a woven wrap probably cotton or linen will not be too hot! There are actually brands that are not really expensive now! Dolcino is awesome and under $100! Another great brand is Little Frog which has both cotton and linen wraps for under $100, I actually sell Little Frog on my store if youre interested in them. They have the only linen blend rainbow I know of!
sugardumplings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #14
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in San Antonio and due in September...was thinking about this very thing! I have carriers and wraps and such but the last time we used them we were in Monterey where it was kinda chilly most of the time but plenty of sunshine. I'm gonna look into all of these suggestions! Thanks ladies!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #15
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardumplings View Post
Gauze wraps are not know for being toddler worthy or even over 15 lbs worthy. I would suggest a woven wrap probably cotton or linen will not be too hot! There are actually brands that are not really expensive now! Dolcino is awesome and under $100! Another great brand is Little Frog which has both cotton and linen wraps for under $100, I actually sell Little Frog on my store if youre interested in them. They have the only linen blend rainbow I know of!

I have to disagree. I have a Bali Breeze and I wear my 22+ lb DD. She's not a toddler yet, but I've seen people wear their 2 and 3 yo in the Bali Breeze. If you have a heavier baby, make sure to spread the fabric to distribute the weight. This helps it not to dig, which is why people say gauze isn't toddler worthy.
Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote