Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Radian recline adjust with tether?

I can adjust the angle of Piper's radian by using the rf tether, right? I mean making it more reclined, getting a good 45* for her.

It's at a pretty good recline just on the seat alone, obviously no angle-adjuster. But I'm not sure it's quite 45*. I was going to get a level and go check it this afternoon, but wanted to make sure that I'm reading the manual right that I can use the tether rf'ing to pull it to 45* if needed.

TIA!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Radian recline adjust with tether?

I wouldn't do it. The SKJP Radians allowed it, the Diono do not. I'm not comfortable doing it for my own child. I'm also not comfortable tethering a seat for a newborn because it can increase neck loading and I prefer for a baby to be older before RF tethering. *disclaimer* these are my personal feelings, we don't have evidence one way or the other, blah, blah blah.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have thought about that stuff, too. The Radian she's in is the Sunshine Kids one, though Levi is in a Diono one and I coulda sworn I read the same info in it? But maybe not.

I'm gonna check the angle first, see how close we are to 45*, then decide from there. I think I would rather her be tethered than too upright, kwim?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I have thought about that stuff, too. The Radian she's in is the Sunshine Kids one, though Levi is in a Diono one and I coulda sworn I read the same info in it? But maybe not.

I'm gonna check the angle first, see how close we are to 45*, then decide from there. I think I would rather her be tethered than too upright, kwim?
I would check to see how she tolerates the angle. Honestly, I would use a different seat before I would tether a newborn but that's just me.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm debating just that. They don't allow anything under the foot to adjust recline either, right?

At best, her seat is at 33* - that's just installed on the van's seat, no adjusting or tethering. I don't know if I'm okay with that or not. The couple times she's been in it, she seems scrunched, but was okay - it's really cold here still, so she's tucked in with blankets and I think that helps keep her head up, kwim?

One store in town does have snugrides on sale this weekend, half price. I hate to spend that $$ when she's our last and we have the radian for her, but I wonder if it's not worth it for my own peace of mind.