Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #11
songbird516's Avatar
songbird516
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 6,164
My Mood:
Re: Pre-term labor

I had a friend who was on bedrest from 29 weeks; they really thought that she would have the baby really early. Instead she ended up going all of the way to 38 or 39 weeks. It was crazy to me because after all of that keeping the baby in, they were wanting to induce her by the end! She went into labor on her own before the induction, though.

Advertisement

__________________
Sara- mommy to Claire (01/10) and Micah (3/12) and someone new (10/14)
Birth doula and life-long student of Everything! Need a doula in the central VA area? Let's talk! www.beyondbirthsupport.com
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #12
simplyleah87's Avatar
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516
I had a friend who was on bedrest from 29 weeks; they really thought that she would have the baby really early. Instead she ended up going all of the way to 38 or 39 weeks. It was crazy to me because after all of that keeping the baby in, they were wanting to induce her by the end! She went into labor on her own before the induction, though.
This is what I'm afraid will happen! Haha. I guess better to be a little late than early though
__________________
& mommy to Emery Daniel, (6-22-11) & Willow Laila, (6-29-13)
simplyleah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
NeilsRene
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 237
My Mood:
With my first, I was on bedrest from 36-37 weeks and had him at 37.2. With my twins, I was put on bedrest at 19.2 weeks and made it to 32.6. I was only on Procardia for the last 2 weeks, while hospitalized.
__________________
RN mommy to Gabe 10/8/07 and Isaac and Alexander 6/4/11
ISO: OS pockets, AIO's, hemp/bamboo, Moby wrap or similar
IHA: One-size covers, FB OS pocket, small TTE pocket, RnG soap
NeilsRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #14
bumminbeachbabe's Avatar
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,346
With my oldest the contractions started at 22 weeks. My doctors blew me off. It was a a midwife that actually checked me. I was already 3cm. They started terb to see if it would help. Eventually I was put on a week and a half of hospitalized bed rest. I had a mag drip and it still didn't stop the contractions. I got to 34 weeks and they let me go home to more bedrest.

My little dude grew a huge head and wasn't able to put pressure on my cervix. The contractions didn't stop either. I wound up have a c/s at 39 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Anjuli, recently separated mom to Bubbles, my 5.5 year old wild man, Squidge, my almost 3 year old daredevil, and Lou, my 7 month old newbie
bumminbeachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #15
nettepoet's Avatar
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dirty jersey
Posts: 442
Re: Pre-term labor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
This is what I'm afraid will happen! Haha. I guess better to be a little late than early though
it is better to be late than early!

i just read an interesting article discussing new findings about babies who arrive "full-term" at 37/38 weeks have more health-related issues..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...s-early-health

and possibly even more difficulty learning...

http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/0...d-math-scores/
__________________
none on the boards, but feedback on LJ here: http://community.livejournal.com/mem...ck/128459.html
nettepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #16
Mommyto2B2G's Avatar
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wouldn't you like to know ;)
Posts: 1,291
My Mood:
Re: Pre-term labor

With my last pregnancy I went into labor with no warning around 35 weeks. Well, I guess I did have signs but my doctor didn't pay attention and I thought I wasn't a risk. I went quick and luckily all was well with my dd. This pregnancy we started to have concerns around 30 weeks. I was warned to take it easy then and by 33 weeks I believe it was, I was put on pelvic bed rest. I've had 2 ultrasounds to check my cervix length since 30 weeks for monitoring. The first ultrasound showed a huge difference from other ultrasounds and then the second showed she was very low but only a slight change so I guess the resting is helping. I'm pretty happy. At my 37 week appt I will be off so I'm really close to be done! I'm 36 weeks this Saturday. I'll update you if your curious how things turn out in a couple weeks. Who knows, maybe she will bake longer! I hope.
__________________
Proud Mama to: My big guys C (9/2002) and N (10/2003), and my princess (3/2006).
Always missing my angel babies 3/2008, 9/2011, and twins 5/2012
Baby C is here! 5/2013
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
babylove921's Avatar
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 33617
Posts: 3,954
My Mood:
Re: Pre-term labor

Technically the OB said with my 1st that I had preterm labor. But I actually think the term is used too frequently. I don't really think that's what it was. All 3 times, my cervix never changed, I just had constant contractions. My 2nd they didn't start till way after 30 weeks, and my cervix changed, but it wasn't a constant labor type change. I twice went to L/D with contractions for over 10 hours every 2-5 minutes, never stopped. They gave me morphine and zofran and sent me home. Happened twice. I don't think it was preterm labor in any pregnancy, but they had nothing else to label it. This time around I am staying home regardless of how long, how short..whatever. My doula will come over and she'll know.
__________________
Megan, wife to Jason. Mommy to Asher, 2, Levi, 1 and Rebekah coming September 10.
babylove921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
simplyleah87's Avatar
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto2B2G
With my last pregnancy I went into labor with no warning around 35 weeks. Well, I guess I did have signs but my doctor didn't pay attention and I thought I wasn't a risk. I went quick and luckily all was well with my dd. This pregnancy we started to have concerns around 30 weeks. I was warned to take it easy then and by 33 weeks I believe it was, I was put on pelvic bed rest. I've had 2 ultrasounds to check my cervix length since 30 weeks for monitoring. The first ultrasound showed a huge difference from other ultrasounds and then the second showed she was very low but only a slight change so I guess the resting is helping. I'm pretty happy. At my 37 week appt I will be off so I'm really close to be done! I'm 36 weeks this Saturday. I'll update you if your curious how things turn out in a couple weeks. Who knows, maybe she will bake longer! I hope.
Keep us updated! I hope she stays in there!
__________________
& mommy to Emery Daniel, (6-22-11) & Willow Laila, (6-29-13)
simplyleah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #19
gigismomma's Avatar
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,673
Re: Pre-term labor

I just wanted to give you some encouragement!
With my 3rd pregnancy, I went into preterm labor at 31 weeks. I was having regular "Braxton Hicks" contractions that weren't going away no matter what I did, and they started dilating my cervix (it did not thin much, however). Anyway, the contractions were initially stopped and I was put on bedrest (fairly strict, but at home) and procardia. Both were very effective and were the reason (in my opinion) that I made it to term. I weaned off the procardia and bedrest at 36-37 weeks, and delivered naturally at 38w6d. Perfectly healthy in every way, and I had a great labor!
gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #20
nolansmama's Avatar
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,165
My Mood:
Re: Pre-term labor

My situation is a little different. At 34 weeks I woke up with labor pains. Went straight to the hospital. Was given meds to stop labor but they didn't work. Had my son that night. I had no warnings whatsoever.
__________________
Wife to an amazing Dh and SAHM to two silly boys ~ Nolan (07) & Emmett (09) & my new chunky monkey Hudson
nolansmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.