Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #11
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pre-term labor

I had a friend who was on bedrest from 29 weeks; they really thought that she would have the baby really early. Instead she ended up going all of the way to 38 or 39 weeks. It was crazy to me because after all of that keeping the baby in, they were wanting to induce her by the end! She went into labor on her own before the induction, though.

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #12
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516
I had a friend who was on bedrest from 29 weeks; they really thought that she would have the baby really early. Instead she ended up going all of the way to 38 or 39 weeks. It was crazy to me because after all of that keeping the baby in, they were wanting to induce her by the end! She went into labor on her own before the induction, though.
This is what I'm afraid will happen! Haha. I guess better to be a little late than early though
Old 04-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
NeilsRene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With my first, I was on bedrest from 36-37 weeks and had him at 37.2. With my twins, I was put on bedrest at 19.2 weeks and made it to 32.6. I was only on Procardia for the last 2 weeks, while hospitalized.
NeilsRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #14
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

With my oldest the contractions started at 22 weeks. My doctors blew me off. It was a a midwife that actually checked me. I was already 3cm. They started terb to see if it would help. Eventually I was put on a week and a half of hospitalized bed rest. I had a mag drip and it still didn't stop the contractions. I got to 34 weeks and they let me go home to more bedrest.

My little dude grew a huge head and wasn't able to put pressure on my cervix. The contractions didn't stop either. I wound up have a c/s at 39 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #15
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
This is what I'm afraid will happen! Haha. I guess better to be a little late than early though
it is better to be late than early!

i just read an interesting article discussing new findings about babies who arrive "full-term" at 37/38 weeks have more health-related issues..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...s-early-health

and possibly even more difficulty learning...

http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/0...d-math-scores/
Old 04-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #16
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

With my last pregnancy I went into labor with no warning around 35 weeks. Well, I guess I did have signs but my doctor didn't pay attention and I thought I wasn't a risk. I went quick and luckily all was well with my dd. This pregnancy we started to have concerns around 30 weeks. I was warned to take it easy then and by 33 weeks I believe it was, I was put on pelvic bed rest. I've had 2 ultrasounds to check my cervix length since 30 weeks for monitoring. The first ultrasound showed a huge difference from other ultrasounds and then the second showed she was very low but only a slight change so I guess the resting is helping. I'm pretty happy. At my 37 week appt I will be off so I'm really close to be done! I'm 36 weeks this Saturday. I'll update you if your curious how things turn out in a couple weeks. Who knows, maybe she will bake longer! I hope.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

Technically the OB said with my 1st that I had preterm labor. But I actually think the term is used too frequently. I don't really think that's what it was. All 3 times, my cervix never changed, I just had constant contractions. My 2nd they didn't start till way after 30 weeks, and my cervix changed, but it wasn't a constant labor type change. I twice went to L/D with contractions for over 10 hours every 2-5 minutes, never stopped. They gave me morphine and zofran and sent me home. Happened twice. I don't think it was preterm labor in any pregnancy, but they had nothing else to label it. This time around I am staying home regardless of how long, how short..whatever. My doula will come over and she'll know.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto2B2G
With my last pregnancy I went into labor with no warning around 35 weeks. Well, I guess I did have signs but my doctor didn't pay attention and I thought I wasn't a risk. I went quick and luckily all was well with my dd. This pregnancy we started to have concerns around 30 weeks. I was warned to take it easy then and by 33 weeks I believe it was, I was put on pelvic bed rest. I've had 2 ultrasounds to check my cervix length since 30 weeks for monitoring. The first ultrasound showed a huge difference from other ultrasounds and then the second showed she was very low but only a slight change so I guess the resting is helping. I'm pretty happy. At my 37 week appt I will be off so I'm really close to be done! I'm 36 weeks this Saturday. I'll update you if your curious how things turn out in a couple weeks. Who knows, maybe she will bake longer! I hope.
Keep us updated! I hope she stays in there!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #19
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to give you some encouragement!
With my 3rd pregnancy, I went into preterm labor at 31 weeks. I was having regular "Braxton Hicks" contractions that weren't going away no matter what I did, and they started dilating my cervix (it did not thin much, however). Anyway, the contractions were initially stopped and I was put on bedrest (fairly strict, but at home) and procardia. Both were very effective and were the reason (in my opinion) that I made it to term. I weaned off the procardia and bedrest at 36-37 weeks, and delivered naturally at 38w6d. Perfectly healthy in every way, and I had a great labor!
gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #20
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My situation is a little different. At 34 weeks I woke up with labor pains. Went straight to the hospital. Was given meds to stop labor but they didn't work. Had my son that night. I had no warnings whatsoever.