Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Alva newborn reviews?

Can someone give me a review of these? PLEASE :-)

Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Alva newborn reviews?

Well I'm just starting to use them... but I can share what I think so far. But keep in mind I've only had then on him a few times now.

They didn't fit right off even snapped down; he was about 7lbs when i first tried them. He's 9lbs now and the aplix ones now work for us but the snapped ones I can't get a good fit on his legs with out squishing his tummy. I don't know about other babies but if I don't get a good fit on the legs everything is soaked. No leaks even when the insert was soaked and his skin was still dry.

I'm impressed enough that I am debating a few more since they have room to grow and I'm really struggling with finding things that fit well and have enough absorbancy on this little one but with the shipping time he might have grown out of them by they time they get here.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
JenCo
Registered Users

I haven't used them, but I posted this same question on a different cd board and I got all poor reviews. Mostly about the fit and leaks.
JenCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
JenCo
Registered Users

I haven't used them, but I posted this same question on a different cd board and I got all poor reviews. Mostly about the fit and leaks.
JenCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #5
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

The newborns with snaps only aren't very good, they just don't fit many babies well.

The newborns with velcro are good. I am using them now on my 3-week-old and they are one of my faves. She is long and skinny, almost 9lbs but so long she's probably more comparable to an 8lber. We are on the smaller rise setting and a little overlap of the tabs. I have had very few leaks with them, and no poo leaks. Just had a big poo leak with a Simplex on the smallest setting, and those have some of the best reviews out there.

I can squeeze a newborn velcro Alva on my nearly 30lb toddler, so they'll fit most babies well past the point that one-size diapers do.

For the price, they are definitely worth a try. If you don't like them, it is easy to re-sell them for about what you paid for them, since it is so low to start with. More if you order custom newborns through a co-op.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Click image for larger version

Name:	3w.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	140897

Click to see full size image.

3 weeks old, just under 9lbs, newborn velcro Alva. I usually have it a bit tighter than pictured here.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
ClothMama1026
Registered Users

My friend uses them and she says the velcro ones are pretty great. She was having leg leaks until she stumbled upon this youtube video, showing that if you twist the velcro, it makes a perfect fit.

I cant post the video link but the girls names is Adriana Silva and the video is titled Newborn Cloth Diapers and it was uploaded Feb 10 2013
you can skip to 4:55 to see how she fixes the tabs for a perfect leg fight
ClothMama1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
madmollyann
Registered Users
seller

The fit was fine for us. My complaint was the stuffing. The crotch is so narrow and tiny, it was wicked hard to get the insert in there, and I have small hands!
madmollyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmollyann
The fit was fine for us. My complaint was the stuffing. The crotch is so narrow and tiny, it was wicked hard to get the insert in there, and I have small hands!
That's my issue with them too. HATE that about them. I have large hands.
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I cut an opening at the front so they are much easier to stuff. Haven't actually used them yet, but I figured for the price it's worth a shot
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote